Thread: UKC Registration

Default UKC Registration

I am trying to figure out how to register my dog with UKC. She is registered with AKC. I want to get her registered for UKC because I want to run UKC Hunt Test. I went on their website do I do a permanent registration or single dog which one to get credit for points?

If you did not get a UKC Application for Permanent Registration with your puppy do the Single Registration.
    GREAT PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.
    AVERAGE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THINGS.
    SORRY PEOPLE TALK ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE.

SRS GRHRCH UH BOBO MNH
    2009 MID ATLANTIC RETRIEVER CHAMPION
    2009 HUNTSVILLE SRS CHAMPION

HRCH UH WOODY

Ok, thanks.

Okay.. here's what I recall from the past (someone please correct this if I'm wrong)...but I have not checked recently to see if the policies have changed. Is she less than 1 year of age? If so, and the Sire & Dam were absolutely NOT UKC registered then you will be okay.... If the Sire & Dam were also UKC registered and the breeder did not register the litter (there might be a time period for the new owner to have registered also) than you will have to wait until she is a year old to UKC register her. If she is over a year, you should be be able to register her regardless.
    "I never met a dog I didn't like" ..slightly twisted words by Will Rogers

"When dogs make mistakes, don't hold it against the dog, point the finger at yourself"
    "If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart."
    "It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

Quote Originally Posted by HRC Dogs View Post
    If the Sire & Dam were also UKC registered and the breeder did not register the litter (there might be a time period for the new owner to have registered also) than you will have to wait until she is a year old to UKC register her.
    My last pup's Sire and Dam were both UKC and AKC registered but the litter was only registered with the AKC. I caught hell getting the UKC paper work done but after many calls to the breeder and the UKC it was done when the litter was less than 5 months old. I think the breeder had to submit the Sire's and Dam's UKC paper work and 1 more form ( can't remember what it was to save my life). But in the end he would have been better off to just register the litter in the first place. In the past the breeder said it was never a problem because nobody was running their dogs before they turned a year old.