Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Yeah, and he also says that "any color worm will catch a bass as long as it's blue."

I've caught the hell out of bass in dark water with a white lure and I've caught the hell out of bass in clear water with a black plastic worm. Go figure.

I fished the interstate ponds for years. Those ponds are usually crystal clear around here down beyond 6 to 8 feet. You could jump in and think the bottom was near and go right on down. Most of them has bass in them with numbers that would make a professional smile for days. The best without question worm I ever fished in them was a Zoom Junebug. On an average day you could catch upwards of 50 bass in the ponds I fished as long as you didn't fish it everyday. Most of them would be 1 to 2 pounds with some being up to 4 or 5. The dark water/clear water fishing guide is just that.... a guide. Fish will bite what ever they feel like eating at that time. I have caught bass on Junebug worms in both clear and dark water just as I have with light colored worms. I caught a number of bass this past summer on white, pink, lime green and Merthiolate color worm in dark water. Just because the water may be dark or clear does not mean a fish is only going to bite the color worm that the guide tells you to fish.

That being said... Has anyone besides me noticed that Zoom worms are not as tough as they use to be? I use to could catch several bass on one worm before having to switch it out. Now when I catch 1 or 2 fish the worm is done. Guess they had to sell more worms.