Thread: Glock Purchase

SCTIMBER Coots

Default Glock Purchase

I was reading over on the GON forums about buying a new Glock for $398 + tax new if you join the GSSF (Glock Shooting Sports Foundation) $35 yearly fee. You are purchasing at a LE price, and have to purchase from an LE dealer. Only one listed on their website is Lawman's In Cola. Guns are new with 2 mags. Variety of models excluding the 17.

Sounds like a good deal, especially if you make more than one purchase a year.

I'm not really in the market right now but might pick one up later on this year.

Anyone ever gone this route?

Got a link with more details?

I don't NEED another Glock, and honestly don't care for them that much, and already own two, but...for $398 for a gun that is almost ga-run-damn-teed to go "bang" everytime the trigger is pulled...hmm...

So, how 'bout a link?

Dont know if you guys know this but you can get the LE trade in glocks which are 3rd generation Model 22's with nite sights and 2 high cap magazines for I belive 389 plus tax from lawmens in columbia. They always have plenty in stock and these guns have just been shot mainly for qualifying purposes and are in great shape. Just an idea to put out there for anyone whos lookin to buy a good handgun.
    1648 War Eagle w/ 40 Yamaha
    The education of a man is never completed until he dies.--Robert E. Lee

SCTIMBER Coots

USMC,

This is a copy of the original post by the guy over on GON

I wasn't sure that the GSSF program would work, but I'm here to tell you that it does. Today I drove over to www.edspublicsafety.com to meet up with Don Anderson aka Weagle to buy a G19. They had a 100 in stock. Weagle told me that they have streamlined the GSSF program. Instead of having to sign up and waiting they have the certificate in house. No needed to wait. I filled out the GSSf membership form that had the certificate attached and then made my purchased my G19. It had the LE blue lable on the box and the LE price of $398.20. I did have to pay tax + $35 GSSF membership fee. Also the LE box has 3 mag and the GSSF program only comes with 2, so they remove one. I was able to buy it back at LE pricing of $21. I was willing to pay $400-425 for a used G19. This is the best deal going. Keep in mind that the LE and retail box are seperate stock items. They had retail G19 that we just over $500.

My out the door was $483.54 and that was with the extra mag
    The retail model that I looked at would have been over $570 with the extra mag

I have looked and a used Glock over at Summit $385+ shipping and FFL fee. I'm up to $450

$398.20 + tax .......... Law Enforcement price - Glock 17,19,22,23,26,27

$464.20 + tax .......... Law enforcement price - Glock 20,21,29,30,36

Here's the deal with the GSSF (Glock Sport shooting Foundation)

If you join the GSSF you receive a certificate to purchase one Glock pistol with 2 mags at the Law Enforcement price. The cost of a one year membership is $35 and you can see all of the membership benefits at the GSSF website

http://gssfonline.com/

All of the glock pistols with the exception of the 17L have LE prices.

Here is a list of suppliers on the Glock website ---> http://gssfonline.com/GSSF_PISTOL_PURCH_LIST.pdf

looks like Lawman's is the only one in SC. May not be worth the time and trouble in the end but looked like a pretty good deal going on
    Last edited by SCTIMBER; 02-15-2009 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCTIMBER View Post
    USMC,

This
    Uhh..."this"...?

"This" what? This posting?

SCTIMBER Coots

I pulled the trigger too quick

Does Lawman's have any other models available to the public? I'm going to a friends this weekend and will be going through columbia, thought about stopping in a seeing what they had.

They also carry SIG, S&W, and Springfield Armory, as well as some other stuff.

I am kicking around the idea of getting a Glock 19. I just have a mental battle going on about the whole thing....

Some background... I've been carrying a Glock (Model 22) for work now for 19 years. That represents a LOT of training and familiarization (especially when it comes to accumulated "muscle memory"). I have been told that, when I retire (probably this fall), I cannot purchase my issued gun from my department, so, if I want one, I gotta buy one. I have already put a (slightly) used SCHP Glock 22 on lay-away, so I have the "sentimental" purchase covered.

The "mental battle" - Based on my background with the "type", when I retire, do I continue to carry the Glock (or a firearm with identical operating factors) due to the years of accumulated training and habits.... or do I try to transition back to my old favorites: my Colt Government Model 45 ACP and my Browning Hi-Power 9mm?

I have no idea how long it would take to transition, if I decide to - The two operating systems have enough differences that I am concerned of a gross motor skill error in a stressful situation.

I will figure this out - I am a BIG fan of mastering one type of handgun for "serious" work. (The Colt and the Browning work enough alike to be compatible)
    Last edited by Swamp Rat; 02-16-2009 at 07:27 AM.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

The G23 is my favorite and of course the G22 mags will fit in it.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Does Lawmans have g27's?

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

my hipoint 9mm w/ hippityhop bang bang
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

I think I will check out a G23 also, not much bigger than a G27, and you have the xtra capacity. Plus you can change the barrel and mag and shoot 9mm from what I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    Does Lawmans have g27's?
    they carry them.

How bout 23's Mill?

Lawman's carries just about every type of glock.

If they don't have it, I feel sure they can get it for you.
    Last edited by cusportsman; 02-16-2009 at 10:32 AM.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Glock 22 with Night Sights (used) $349
    http://www.summitgunbroker.com/Glock_22.html

Glock 22, 31, 37, etc starting at $399 (refurb)
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php

If your military or have a military ID/retired, you can get the LE discount at Lawmens, assuming glock is still doing this. At one time I heard EMS could get them as well at the discount. Keep in mind, the standard blue box glock at $389 does not come with night sights. Ive bought several from Lawmens at the LE discount, some times you have to wait for them to come in. Get your name on the list, and they will call you when Glock sends them a new shipment.

For what it is worth, the last weekend in August this year, Glock is leasing out the Mid Carolina Rifle Club for a Glock match. I believe it is a 4 day match. A big one. I imagine there will be deals to be had during that weekend.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.