Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gettin shot at tonight

thats pretty shitty to be goin near peoples houses at night with a generator no matter what...however there should never be shots involved..thats a lot shittier

Quote Originally Posted by TakeEm' View Post
    thats pretty shitty to be goin near peoples houses at night with a generator no matter what...
    so is someone building a house on a public lake and acting like it's their lake
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Keowee is an interesting dynamic. Ceddy had every right in the world to do what he was doing. The rich yankees that live in the MAJORITY of the houses probably aren't who we're talking about here. Would they be severely pissed after getting woke up like that? No doubt, but most are just calling DNR or cops. More than likely you ran into one of these fellas whose had a place for a long time and don't exactly cotton to having his privacy invaded. Enjoy public land/water during your time here, but be smart, especially in areas where it borders private property, because some people are crazy, particularly the further up toward the mountains that you get. In this situation you had no way of knowing, but now that you do don't push the envelope because it just ain't worth it. That being said, I've been shot at before and been pretty fired up because of it. The latest event was this past season when some fool that was deer hunting got pissed at us coming in on top of him duck hunting and decided to fire his rifle REAL close to us. Fortunately for all involved he quickly vacated the premises. Send me a pm on about where you were at and I'll be glad to talk to some folks and see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by trailertrash View Post
    What I am getting at, or trying to is what if they had a newborn, a death in the family or a person there on hospice that was finally having a peaceful night of sleep. All of it is gone if the generator or lights wake them up. What if it's a mother or father that is working 3 part-time jobs because they lost their real job to support a family on 2 hours of sleep. You never know. Show some respect is all I am saying. You wouldn't want to get woke up by someone if you were in their position.
    Every post you've made about bowfishing is a bunch of bullshit. You obviously do not know your shit. Just like the bullshit post you made about catching a 6ft gar. I bet you've never been bowfishing (too much of a pansy). Have you ever even seen/heard a bowfishing rig at night? You can barely here any noise from my generator when inside my lake house. A fan would easy kill all the noise. If someone is working 3 jobs and not sleeping then they should sell their damn lake house and get something they can afford. Most bowfishers stay away from docks/houses because it is a pain in the ass to go around all of them and you waste too much time. Most generators are below the allowable decibels in noise ordinances. I try my best to stay away from houses, but if I shoot where I find fish.

Ceddy - I would start bringing some protection if I was you. I guess bailing out was the smart move, but my hard head and attitude would have made me figure out who was shooting.

TTT - You are a idiot. STFU

oh snap, son.

I've never meet a bowfisher that would not do the right thing if approached with respect. If someone flagged me down, and said their kids were trying to sleep, etc and acted in a civil manner then I would shut down and move on without arguement. I would also stay away from that house as much as possible down the road. However, when someone comes out shooting birds and yelling that makes me not give a shit about them and I keep on like they are not there.

We must handle the owners of said properties carefully. These property owners may very well be able to lobby to change the status of bowfishing,to fish hunting.

Do much mining do ya?
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

Who is to say that the gunshots were not some man shooting a possum or coon in his yard? Just because you heard gunshots doesn't mean they were shooting at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I got plenty of hooks but I think I'm going to need more ammo.