Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gettin shot at tonight

Default Gettin shot at tonight

Myself and a few fellas i fish with one being skybustin on here were out on lake Keowee round 1200, gettin about mid way through the our night. We were up in a cove, with some docks on it and started to see some good numbers. We were about 75yards from the closets dock and were on the otherside of the creek. We heard a shot and didnt think anything about it, thought it was just someone being ignorant. About a minute or two later we heard another one, and we cut the generator and lights and hauled ass. We headed back to the landing and called the cops. We dont think that anything will be done about it, because the cops did not sound to worried about it and we couldn't pinpoint the exact house without going back and doing it again and they weren't wanting to ride along. Does anyone have any recomendations? We are going to try and contact some people higher up in the state, do you think we should do anything else?
    Last edited by ceddy; 02-15-2009 at 05:24 AM.
    For the ducks

Quote Originally Posted by TTT View Post
    Yes. Stay the fuck out of someones cove in the middle of the night with a generator and lights before your dumb ass gets shot.

ive been in the middle of coves shootin before had people wake up come outside and talk to us...those ppl had no reason to shoot at all..start bowfishin then shut the hell up..

Yes. Stay the fuck out of someones cove in the middle of the night with a generator and lights before your dumb ass gets shot.

I aggree but I would have said it a little nicer. Put yourself in the home owners position. Newborn baby trying to sleep and some guys out there making lots of noise. I doubt you would be too happy with bowfishing at that point and time.

I got shot at one night when I use to do lawn care. I was cleaning a parking lot up in McBee with a couple of blowers and the guy next door didn't like it. That was no funny event but the only time I could get it done was at night when the business was closed. The sheriff came out there and had a nice little talk with the guy and I packed my shit up and went home. No use in getting your ass killed over a few dollars or a few fish.
    Last edited by trailertrash; 02-15-2009 at 08:20 AM.

its not their cove.
    living beside public water doenst give you any more right to it.
    if they dont like your legal enjoyment of a resource (your tax money pays for just as much as theirs), they have the freedom to live elsewhere.
    im assuming keowee is corps owned.

WRONG!!!!

The last time I looked, Keowee is a public lake, and unless they were on these people's property they were 100% within the law to be where they were.

Now, being shot at is a big deal. I'd most definitely call the GW in that area.

Too many people that live along the lake think it's "THEIR LAKE", it's not, they own their property but not the lake, and in many cases, they don't own the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2hunt View Post
    WRONG!!!!

The last time I looked, Keowee is a public lake, and unless they were on these people's property they were 100% within the law to be where they were.

Now, being shot at is a big deal. I'd most definitely call the GW in that area.

Too many people that live along the lake think it's "THEIR LAKE", it's not, they own their property but not the lake, and in many cases, they don't own the bank.

you got that right.... i dunno what it is about people that live on lakes, but they think they own it.... screw them... there are laws in this state about hunter harrassment.... there are no laws about bowfishing infront of someones dock on a public lake.... you have every right to be in that cove at any time of night....

do yall fellas go out and shoot at cars when they drive by your house with loud music? NO... so why would someone shoot at a boat??

Happens to me all the time. Don't bother me until the lights start shining in to the house and the wife has to sleep cause she gets up real early for work. Like 4:30 am
    All I do is flip my outside lights on them and they have COMMON courtesy, say sorry about that and will move on and everybody is cool.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

I thought about jumping on the bandwagon to bash this ignorant ass hat but instead figured I would let yall handle him. Just remember tonka turkey, bowfishers can shoot back and we quite often have children on the boat with us. F- around with me and I can get over it...threaten or endanger the lives of one of the youngsters with us and you have just opened a jar you don't want to see what is inside. Homeowners on golf courses quite often share this mentality when someone steps around their yard to retrieve a ball....if you dont want that to happen then dont live on a golf course.
    You can grow up to be just like me....

It's not about who owns the damn lake or the shore, it's about respect. You wouldn't want them to do it to you, why do it to them? Give the hunter or fisher a better name than what you did last night or the nights to come. There is a lot of water where you will not be keeping someone up to shoot your fish.

i dont give a damn about ownership, property, resource, or tax dollars! there is no way anyone on here can think it is ok to shoot at a person for being loud! that is damned insane! go back and ask that cop that if he had his siren and lights on outside or your residence would it be ok if you came to the door and just shot a few times, you know, just in his general direction. this is the reason that anti-gunners have a leg to stand on. jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by duckandbuckhunter View Post
    i dont give a damn about ownership, property, resource, or tax dollars! there is no way anyone on here can think it is ok to shoot at a person for being loud! that is damned insane! go back and ask that cop that if he had his siren and lights on outside or your residence would it be ok if you came to the door and just shot a few times, you know, just in his general direction. this is the reason that anti-gunners have a leg to stand on. jeez.

It is usually the dumb ass hunter or fisher that gives these groups a leg to stand on. Have some respect for the people around you and you will have no problem. There is plenty of water around to bowhunt where you will not keep people awake.

Quote Originally Posted by trailertrash View Post
    It's not about who owns the damn lake or the shore, it's about respect. You wouldn't want them to do it to you, why do it to them? Give the hunter or fisher a better name than what you did last night or the nights to come. There is a lot of water where you will not be keeping someone up to shoot your fish.
    very well put...i agree

Again, guys,WRONG.

The lake is PUBLIC. IF the fishermen are not shining into the windows or making a ton of noise, then they are well within the LAW. It's no different than someone living in a neighborhood on a cul de sac. There are going to be cars driving in and out at all hours of the night.

This is NO DIFFERENT than we duck hunters being well outside of the yardage restrictions and coming under fire. There was a poster on here a couple of years ago that came under fire from some moron across a body of water. The hunter was legal and had every right to be where he was but some idiot that thinks he owns the lake shot at them and put them into a very dangerous situation. I think the GW ended up making an arrest.

You talk about respect. That is a 2 way street.

I can see some of you guys didn't learn a thing from your parents about respect. Most counties have a noise ordinance and he could have very well been breaking it. Take away the guy shooting... We don't know where or why he was shooting since it is not said in the above statement. Try parking outside someone's house on a public road with a generator running and see how long it takes you to get run off by the local police. It's the same thing (with the exception of shots being fired). Respect goes both ways I know but the guys making all the noise didn't show any respect to the homeowner either. Look at this as if the guy had no shot at them or near them or at all and the only one showing no respect was them. Like I said before, there are plenty of areas to fish with no homes around them.

No Nega-fucking-tive...........I dont give a shit what they're doing theres still no reason to shoot period ......the lake and the cove is public not private they chose to put the house there no the other way around...........Walk out ask for them to leave.......most will have common courtesy if you do the same but if you start shooting..........you're a damn idiot ...........
    Last edited by ccleroy; 02-15-2009 at 03:27 PM.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by trailertrash View Post
    I can see some of you guys didn't learn a thing from your parents about respect. Most counties have a noise ordinance and he could have very well been breaking it. Take away the guy shooting... We don't know where or why he was shooting since it is not said in the above statement. Try parking outside someone's house on a public road with a generator running and see how long it takes you to get run off by the local police. It's the same thing (with the exception of shots being fired). Respect goes both ways I know but the guys making all the noise didn't show any respect to the homeowner either. Look at this as if the guy had no shot at them or near them or at all and the only one showing no respect was them. Like I said before, there are plenty of areas to fish with no homes around them.

YOu could be right but to shoot at someone........no saying thats what happened but about what ttt posted......

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    No Nega-fucking-tive...........I dont give a shit what they're doing theres still no reason to shoot period ......the lake and the cove is public not private they chose to put the house there no the other way around...........Walk out ask for them to leave.......most will have common courtesy if you do the same but if you start shooting..........you a damn idiot ...........
    whats with the name calling? you should be nicer. im gonna tell your wife.

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    No Nega-fucking-tive...........I dont give a shit what they're doing theres still no reason to shoot period ......the lake and the cove is public not private they chose to put the house there no the other way around...........Walk out ask for them to leave.......most will have common courtesy if you do the same but if you start shooting..........you a damn idiot ...........

I aggree, no reason to shoot. I never said or will I ever aggree that the homeowner was right shooting. The homeowner, if he was shooting at them was wrong. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post

do yall fellas go out and shoot at cars when they drive by your house with loud music? NO... so why would someone shoot at a boat??
    speak for yourself...i shoot at every sumbitch that rides down my road after 11pm...youve been warned...