Thread: My dog is going to hate me.

Default My dog is going to hate me.

Well the other day my lab found out he could jump the fence so I added a three foot section all the way around. Now he jumpd on top of the first fence and then jumps the new section. So i am going have to board him in a kennel for the weekend when i go out of town and i have to take him to the vet today and we all know how much they like that.

Just run a fence charger wire around the top (and bottom if he's a digger) and be done with it. After he discovers electricity, you can turn it off. When my dog first learned his lesson, it took me a while to get him to go under a barbed wire fence. He still won't challenge the fence at home and it hasn't been juiced in years.

I don't know about that.. I had a blf about 8 yrs ago that was so smart, that she would look for lopholes in my security system (wire, top and bottom and around gate). She eventually would stand as close as she could to the fence and then started started chewing a hole in the chainlink fencing until she had a hole large enough to crawl through and avoid getting heated up.. before I lowered the e-fence, she would do the limbo under the fence to avoid it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    UH HRCH Somerset Points Golden Bear
    HR Somerset Points Cindy Lou Who
    SH Somerset Points One Rough Chic (Madea)