Thread: first fish of 2009

Default first fish of 2009

headed out last night hoping that the fog would hold off..... got to the landing and it was already thicker than butter.... we put the boat in and gave it a shot anyway... first 1.5 hours were REALLY dry.... only shot a few times with one mudfish to show.... then we started getting on them a little better here and there.... finally ended up getting in a good little flat that had some nice ones in it... had a newbie with me and i let him shoot first most of time, and i hadnt shot since before christmas, therefore we seen ALOT more than we hit... but here is what we brought back...the approaching coldfront really had the catfish screwed up.... some of my best catfish holes were empty last night....my buddy shot the biggest one of the night...almost 25 lbs... there was a mudfish or two in the boat as well but i didnt pull them out for the pic.....

Does anyone know who the 2008 SC State Bowfishing champions are?

some dumbass that couldnt hit a fish with a 12 gauge...

No cats?

DDS we passed a good many bowfin and carp. The carp sure have put on the winter weight it seems as they were all solid 20lb+ fish.

just didn't have anyone to give em to so we left em all alone.
    xHCFKx

I'd like to thank my dad for coming, and my mom for being there...

stretch.... we would have struggled to get 20 carp last night.... they just were not out.... we were really just playin around with the carp but ended up shooting a few so we so we took a quick pic…… catfish were non existent….. even my honey holes that always have a few cats were empty...….. and with the fog as thick as it was it made it tough to see fish……..some friends of mine went Friday night and filled up two 150 quart coolers with carp and had some left over..... but I guess this cold front had them deep…. The ones we did see didn’t show up till later in the night…. But we decided to call it at around 11:00……….

it will be getting better here in the next month or so........ im ready to start 2009 season!

stretch.... we need to get together and shoot one night this year...

I hear ya on the carp. We weren't seeing gangs of em like we will in a month or so but I think we passed over probably 30 or so of em. Daggum bowfin were really out in force though.

Always game to shoot em up man, just let me know when!
    xHCFKx

I'd like to thank my dad for coming, and my mom for being there...

Nice Sticken' DDS. I need to check out you shifter setup, mine is in need of upgrading/repair how far do you live from the meeting next week?

i live about 45 minutes from santee..... i live near branchville if you are familiar with that area.....

Kill 'em all!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!