Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Saluda Trout

BB,not sensitive at all.....nancy.
    Are the spottails that are stocked in the ACE tamie bass?
    Just trying to learn more about this unique little area, and about the fish that are there.
    You obviously have no knowledgeable input, therefore no input from you is required.

2th, imagine if someone put a cigarette out on the side of a fish, thats what it looks like.
    I personally haven't seen the nets up close so I wouldn't rule that out.
    My true interest is if the fish are facing some sort of polution in the water, and the wounds could possibly be side effects.

Rat, ive been studying alot on bwos and their life cycle.
    It seems to me these fish are feeding on these bugs during the "dun" stage. They still won't touch the smallest winged bwo that i could find, so I have to assume they are exclusively feeding on the insects during the metomorphisis stage.
    I picked up some bwo weightless nymphs from sportsmans and have yet to try them.

This is worse than 50 tailing bass in front of you and having them laugh at your shrimp pattern.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Anybody know another flyshop other than barrons?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Bog, if you tie your own, take a curved hook(egg hook) and tie a bwo just like a dun dry, but out of the head tie in a few strands of clear, shiny material, like Krystal Flash or something similar and cut the hackle a little with a pair of scissors. This mimics the nymphal shuck and emerging wings. If you dont tie your own, take the bwo's that you have and trim the hackle to make it uneven, then get you a thread bobbin, some olive thread and tie some crystal flash on to the hook at the head or near the bend...try both and see which works.
    I might be allergic, but I'll try it anyway.

Gotcha bog. Watch out for those lamprey eels while you are out there.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Sportsman's Warehouse has some flies...
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen