Thread: choppin....

Default choppin....

When we go to kill shit we kill shit....

solid night! Left the carp and bowfin alone...

more pics later I'm tired...
    xHCFKx

I'd like to thank my dad for coming, and my mom for being there...

nice catfish fellas......

WTG you two.

nice stick'n..Bet that was a fight, cause I see no hole in his head

stone dead on the biggun.

we had a few good fights though!

xHCFKx

There really are people who actually hunt/fish in Drake... congrats nice fish.

Nice stickin Skretch. Y'all whack those in the old stompin grounds?
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

close to em...boy would it have helped to have a driver! It was just two of us.
    xHCFKx

My bow shit the bed last year. I hope to have a new one soon and be back out flingin sticks at finned critters.

It just don't seem right to stick a fish with an arrow. There seems to be no sport in it, not like getting him to bite anyways. You just ride up on him when he is feeding at night and shoot him with a bow. Kind of like snatching bass on the bed.

I guess it's what ever floats your boat.

Its not quite that easy, trailer trash. Have you ever done it? I'm not wanting to start an arguement, I'm just sayin. Ever shot a deer over a corn pile?

I shot a doe over a corn pile 15 years ago. Wasn't much sport in it. I can see where people could enjoy it I guess. But I much would rather catch one with a hook.

Reminds me too much of night hunting. Some of them run off when you hit them with the light and some of them just stand there looking stupid. Seems there would be a lot more fun dropping some kind of bait down there and hooking up for a fight on a rod and reel. That's all I am saying. It's not against the law so have at it. I don't see much use in shooting carp and muds. Why shoot them if you aint going to eat them? It's not like you can turn them back loose and they live to fight another day. Most of them die. I am glad to see they shot fish they could eat.

The black folk will gladly take the fish off ur hands you choose not to eat and the carp eat all the grass anywho. and screw a damn garfish...it complicates the matter when actually trying to catch one with a rod n reel. Kill em all!
    Last edited by Hooked 0n Quack; 01-28-2009 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked 0n Quack View Post
    and screw a damn garfish...it complicates the matter when actually trying to catch one with a rod n reel. Kill em all!

Gars are fun to catch for the most part. I hung one that was probably 6 feet long and got him to the boat before he decided that was not a good idea. It's part of the game. Sometimes when your out turkey hunting and you hit the call and yote comes in instead of a turkey... same thing as hanging a gar when your catfishing. It's all good.

6ft gar huh? doubtful, cause that would smash the state record.

Quote Originally Posted by trailertrash View Post
    Gars are fun to catch for the most part. I hung one that was probably 6 feet long and got him to the boat before he decided that was not a good idea. It's part of the game. Sometimes when your out turkey hunting and you hit the call and yote comes in instead of a turkey... same thing as hanging a gar when your catfishing. It's all good.

yea i agree bwagz..... about 55 inches is the state record i think...... trailertrash... i invite you to go with me on my boat and then you can decide if you agree with bowfishing.... you have never been so you have no idea what you are talking about.... some nights i could fill up the back of my truck with carp and gar (and have done it before)...... carp are an invasive species that should not even be in our waters to begin with... they breed like rabbits, and they have no natural enemys (except maybe gators)......taking a few out every now and then will definately not hurt our waters..... and for the catfish..... i eat every one i kill so no justification needed there..... there is alot more sport in bowfishing than trout lines.....

so if you are interested in goin one night to get a real perspective, shoot me a PM....

Quote Originally Posted by trailertrash View Post
    It just don't seem right to stick a fish with an arrow. There seems to be no sport in it, not like getting him to bite anyways. You just ride up on him when he is feeding at night and shoot him with a bow. Kind of like snatching bass on the bed.

I guess it's what ever floats your boat.

If you havn't done it then I suggest you keep your weener washer shut or make another thread showing your distaste of something you have no fucking idea about. Good for you for having an opinion...but base it off something other than emotion for your reasoning to not like something, ass clown.

Agreed with bwags a 6' gar is highly doubtful.

PS if a yote comes into a turkey call he gets his ass shot.

Wags, been trying to get you and Clint down here for some of this...if you'll collaborate with him there's always plenty of room to crash and a spot for your boat in the yard. It's about to get good.
    xHCFKx

Sounds good stretch. I've gotta make a few upgrades to the rig, but I'll try to set something up shortly.