Thread: Lake Murray

Default Lake Murray

Anyone having luck on the lake? As of late caught a few catfish, and having little luck with the crappie. How's everyone else doing?
    "run and gun guide service"

I'm planning on going next weekend. I've seen a lot of crappie rigs on the upper end of Murray lately, but haven't heard any reports. What kind of kitties are you catching? Bulls, channels, or blues? What depth? I live near the Traffic Circle, but I always go to Santee for the cats (after I caught the one in my avatar). I've been saying I need to try them on Murray more. A buddy of mine has caught quite a few blues in the 30# range while running trot lines in the past.
    Last edited by triplebeard; 01-24-2009 at 05:44 PM.

You can catch cats year round in Murray; I understand the trot-liners number their catches by the hundred. Not as big as Santee but filet size for sure...
    Crappie are still deep around docks/pilings.

I tried for some Cats last Sat night on the lower end of the lake, but had no luck (for the first time in a long time). I think the change it weather must have had a big impact on them. I was planning to try again this weekend, but the weather might be a little too nipply...

Quote Originally Posted by triplebeard View Post
    I'm planning on going next weekend. I've seen a lot of crappie rigs on the upper end of Murray lately, but haven't heard any reports. What kind of kitties are you catching? Bulls, channels, or blues? What depth? I live near the Traffic Circle, but I always go to Santee for the cats (after I caught the one in my avatar). I've been saying I need to try them on Murray more. A buddy of mine has caught quite a few blues in the 30# range while running trot lines in the past.
    bo, i thought that was a damn turkey in your avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highballing22 View Post
    bo, i thought that was a damn turkey in your avatar
    Does this help?

holy crap...how much did that thing weigh? did u catch it on a rod and reel?

I saw a gator with a deer in its mouth! Anybody else see it or get a pic?

i saw a deer with a gator in its mouth...

Nice fish triplebeard.

Thanks. Weighed in @ 68.5#. The only bite I had that night, but oh what a bite it was! I only fish for them on rod & reel. I've tried trot lining, but when they hit a rod it's pure adrenaline.

Caught two stripers and 6 largemouth friday before last. It would have been better but the wind was terrible.