Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scducks

Jan. 03, just dumb luck

found it through Trash Duck back in '04. Joined in '05 for a short time and was booted because of my server at The Citadel. Came back after the new network replaced the old crappy one in '06 and have been addicted ever since. I've met a pretty good friend through this site since joining.
    Last edited by romeocadet08; 01-21-2009 at 12:52 PM.
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

i read an article in "The State" about some stupid ass bridge. Saw a few comments that i liked and searched on google to find yall. been lurkin' ever since.
    Last edited by 1slim61; 01-21-2009 at 01:07 PM. Reason: spellin'

It is amazing the number of people that I have met here. I have met some great people, some true scumbags, renewed old acquaintances, and some I haven't figured out yet. We have a marriage or two formed here. I have seen our efforts in conservation placed in newspapers and people's resumes. Most importantly, many ducks have died as a result of one SCDUCKER helping another. Good stuff...

SCBUCKSLAYER mentioned it a year ago and I have been a full time lurker until recently! Great entertainment!
    Windows Down!

June 08 I think! Not really liked by many on the site but its addicting and I enjoy having the opprutunity to be a member of the site! Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by huntboykins801; 01-21-2009 at 01:18 PM.

At first, before I became a member I thought it was a bunch of assholes talking shit to each other. It was hard keeping up with who was who when I only read it once a week or so. Then I started reading more often and realized it was just a bunch of guys that knew each other giving the others hell for fun. Figured there was no better place for me on the internet so I joined last year some time. Freedom of Speech has never tasted so good! Except for the couple of times BIG BROTHER has gotten on my ass. (I was in the wrong)

Thanks for a wonderful site JAB and all you other mods and members and sponsors. It has got me back into duck hunting hard. I had almost quit. I have spent way too much money this year on the sport. I am sure my better half is just as thankful. NOT!
    The atmosphere and the pictures are wonderful. The lies are even OK. What better place to spend 50% of your time?

tradorion Coots

6+ years- profile says less- but its wrong LOL- i started when some jackass was talking major shit about rude/illegal things that the local USFW Agent Andy Buhl had done and i was helping him follow up on it...

As usual in that case SCDUCKS did a fine job in calling out the points of fact and supporting the legal efforts of the LEO (obviously Buhl was nOT in the wrong!)

It's been a good time ever since- except that one damned magazine gig... that sucked.

R
    Last edited by tradorion; 01-21-2009 at 01:31 PM.

Since 04 when i started school.
    HRCH DOC'S LIL LEGACY MH

Began lurking in the fall of '02, I was very reluctant to post anything for quite a while. Think I finally broke down and signed up the first of '03 been on the giving and receiving ends of a lot of shit talking ever since. I've met a lot of good friends through this place. Visit daily

Thanks to all that run the show!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

JAB, what year did this site crank up?
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

It says I joined in 8-04, think I lurked a little longer. Found internet crack through deer pics a buddy sent me, looked around and got hooked.
    As JAB said met some great folks, a couple of losers and found some long lost friends... this is a great place... an internet fire barrel if you will.

Please Note:
    Never Ever Ever do Anything to pump up the already inflated ego of our resident pink princess Big Brother he needs no help.

That is all.
    Last edited by MediaGuy; 01-21-2009 at 01:59 PM. Reason: cause I needed to see when I joined.

Joined in 2003. I love this site and all the wonderful folks I have met here. Thanks JAB.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Jab, you're exactly right. I've met a bunch of good friends off this site and found some follks I have not seen in a number of years.

It's funny when somebody will ask, "How did you meet so & so?" and my response is "off the internet". It will usually generate some type of creapy laugh...

Found in either '01 or '02 after I moved back to SC from Va. Kinda forgot about it.

After the move to the 'Burg back in '05 I rediscovered it and joined sometime after that.

It's been very positive for me and have made some wonderful friends who share a lot of the same values and recreational passions.

Then there is DB68 and skrimple man. Not to mention Tater, that guy is like a bad virus you can't shake.

Rat, we got it off the ground in November 2001 by hosting it in Rock's basement Cave on a broken down old server he had. There were 10 or 12 people around for the first few months but we didn't give out the URL. We went live in March of 2002. I remember we had 50,000 hits a month or two after we had gone live and thought it was all the traffic on the net! Man did it grow. Last month we logged 15,393,002 hits!

I heard about the site from a friend and started lurking around to cyberscout!

But because everyone on here was soooo tight with thier spots, I never could get any info so I decided to join just so I could get in on all the BS
    that flows through here.

just kidding, I joined a year or two after we started the Conway Delta Chapter with hopes of using the site to advertise our events. I did hear about the site from a friend though!
    [COLOR=darkgreen][B]"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke [/B][/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR=#006400][/COLOR][/B]
    [B][COLOR=#006400]"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" George Orwell[/COLOR][/B]

From SDH days.

IOW, long enuff to remember when SwampRat and others went by his real name.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

I remeber reading on SDH in high school. Found out about SCDucks in '02 or '03 from Johnny Reb and joined in '04.

Directed by a couple of friends about a year ago and been lurking ever since
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntin Ace View Post
    You are exactly right sc sportsman