Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frances may be a biatch

You are starting to act like your brother CandorDork!! [img]graemlins/fu2.gif[/img]
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

You are starting to act like your brother CandorDork!! [img]graemlins/fu2.gif[/img]
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

The weather channel just was showing where it has taken a turn towards the northwest....
    Good to talk, see you out there!

I just read the 5PM Discussion information on this bitch from the NHC. They are still officially holding the same projected path that they have posted all day... BUT ... read closely and between the lines and you will see that their forecaster is thinking it will turn more to the north earlier than the current path dictates... the most reliable models (GFDL and GFS) show a weakening of the pressure ridge that is holding it on it's current path. Such a weakening will allow it to come more our way...

Watch for it.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Who was the guy with the storm chasing machinery. I think he was from the upstate. I want to hear what he says. My dad still has the watermark on his wall at his dock from hugo. 12 ft from the floor. Hold yer breath.
    easy livin'

Who was the guy with the storm chasing machinery. I think he was from the upstate. I want to hear what he says.
    That would be "Deadriver" my brother.

The website for the Florida Coastal Monitoring Program, of which Clemson is a part of the research, is at..

http://www.ce.ufl.edu/~fcmp/

The teams down in florida are already getting measurement devices installed on homes all up and down the east coast of florida. There are 3 of those wind measuring towers down there, the 4th one, "T3" or tower #3 is up in Clemson and most likely will deploy to coastal south carolina tomorrow with a crew. My brother and I may join them sometime on friday morning.

The website has not been updated since charley, but look for it to start showing updates and data in the coming days as they get things deployed.

The guy that actually updates the site is really busy in the field right now. I'm sure when things are in place and they are waiting on the storm, he will begin updating the page.

As for the track of the storm...

Well, the 11pm advisory just came out not long ago. After NOAA did some very LARGE flight patterns all over hell and back today, studying the steering currents from as far away as Lousianna, to virginia, to bermuda, to yucatan peninsula of mexico, the general idea is that the high pressure ridge drapped over the southeast will expand and get stronger in the next 26-48 hours. This high was originally forcasted to weaken and move farther east into the atlantic allowing a weakness that the storm would follow up this way. That is not the case now. The ridge (high pressure) actually suprised everyone and is gaining strength. So it should steer Frances into the central florida coast sometime friday night, early sat morning around palm beach.

The very large flights the hurricane hunter aircraft did today, was very unusual and it allowed the national hurricane center to really get a good idea of the upper level winds that would steer this storm. So their confidence in the track is very high now. But....it is mother nature and she is as fickle as a spoiled dog shitting on plush carpet. At the very least, most of SC will see some heavy rain and gusty winds on Sunday as the storm passes to our west through GA.
    Santee116