Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cold Snap

Default Cold Snap

If this cold snap doesnt bring in the ducks then there will never be any ducks in SC. This is what we have been needing and hopefully the ducks will be here in the morning.:shove:
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

too little too late!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

I agree w/ you DMP hopefully we'll see a few more big ducks. Squatty it doesn't take a duck that long to fly here. He won't be driving in. ( No traffic Jams in the sky). Everyone cross their fingers for a quick migration. Good luck everybody!
    CUT''EM ALL JACK

Quote Originally Posted by polcat22 View Post
    I agree w/ you DMP hopefully we'll see a few more big ducks. Squatty it doesn't take a duck that long to fly here. He won't be driving in. ( No traffic Jams in the sky). Everyone cross their fingers for a quick migration. Good luck everybody!
    If I was a duck, I'd go somewhere warm.

If I wasn't a duck hunter I would also! ( : Aren't us duck hunters crazy, or do I love it that much( : ?????
    CUT''EM ALL JACK

bonetown, eh?

rabbits X crossroads. they still servin up friday night steaks there?

too little too late? the best time to hunt a duck in sc is when it gets cold....like in feb.

i think we will see a decent push over the next week or so.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

So let me get this straight.....the weather forecast dips down into the single digits for like one maybe 2 days and you guys think that the ducks will magically just show up in SC? Serioulsy?

If I wasn't a duck hunter I would also! ( : Aren't us duck hunters crazy, or do I love it that much( : ?????
    Yeah, my brother and my wife told me I was stupid for going out tomorrow morning.

He won't be driving in. ( No traffic Jams in the sky).

Did you not see the news yesterday where a flock of geese took down an A320 skybus??? I think that was a traffic jam in the sky if ever there was one!!
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by squatty420 View Post
    So let me get this straight.....the weather forecast dips down into the single digits for like one maybe 2 days and you guys think that the ducks will magically just show up in SC? Serioulsy?

not magically. i think they will actually show up. huge numbers? no. decent numbers, I hope. there were 400 birds on one pond 3 days ago. that is the worse it has been all year. i bet there will be 1000 there in the morning. therefore, i will be right.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Default what are you seeing

Saving my pond till Weds morning. That will be the last time I shoot it this year, unless the geese stick around into the late season. The ducks have all but disapeared but the geese have made it a home. I think the poachers have run all the ducks out. Hopefully this cold snap has a few more ducks down. I am thinking about riding down to the pond now and checking it out. I should hunt it tomorrow so I don't have to fight the rubber heads down at the lake in the morining.

GBelly yeah that's the bonetowne. Born and raised there! I don't live there now but close by. I don't know if Rabbit is still doing the friday night steaks , but I've ate my share from there. Good hunting and cross your fingers for in the morning. My budddies and I are going to try a hole we have let rest for 3 weeks. And Squatty I'm not excited just because of 2 days in the teens look @ the other days that are going to be below feezing and the mid 30's. good luck(:
    CUT''EM ALL JACK

yall got to look up north too. weather up there is colder . therefore ducks move this way. most of the time cold down here means colder up there. we're just being hopeful cause you can't killem on the couch!!!!! good shootin everyone

If it had been CONSISITANTLY in the 20's with days in the teens and single digits for the past month to the North and to the North West of us THEN I'd be fired up about this weather. But when you go North and they are complaining there that there aren't any birds and the weather has been "off" it leaves little hope that this little cold snap will do much to help push new birds into SC.

But there still is HOPE. Maybe this is the hope and change Obama was talking about?
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Next week, we will be back to the mid 60's to low 70's.

You heard it here first.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Check this out Squatty. This is Raleigh, NC

Sat. Jan 17Sunny37°/25°10 %
    Sun. Jan 18Showers46°/28°40 %
    Mon. Jan 19Partly Cloudy41°/25°10 %
    Tue. Jan 20Mostly Sunny37°/26°10 %
    Wed. Jan 21Sunny43°/28°0 %
    Thur. Jan 22Sunny50°/34°0 %
    Fri. Jan 23Mostly Cloudy47°/32°10 %
    Sat. Jan 24Partly Cloudy45°/31°10 %
    Sun. Jan 25Sunny50°/36°0 %
    Last edited by polcat22; 01-16-2009 at 12:16 PM.
    CUT''EM ALL JACK

I'm in raleigh and have been scouting the lakes here and ain't seen a damn thing except 3 wooducks, 1 ringneck, and 2 hairyheads, and a couple million seagulls for the last week. Don't count on anything coming from here.
    I might be allergic, but I'll try it anyway.

:shove: Look out here they come. Hey MattB thats cause all the ducks have migrated south!! I think they are already in my hole. I''ll let you know tommorrow.
    CUT''EM ALL JACK