Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a used tractor, could use some advice/help

If it ain't orange, its a wanna be tractor.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

I owned a 54 Jubilee for about 10 years. It was a good tractor, that I had very few issues with. It had less than 2K hours on it when I sold it. It ran like a top, but it was very marginal for what I was using it for.......which is similar to your projected use. I now have a JD 5303. It is miles ahead of the Jubilee in capability (which it should be when comparing a 28HP gas tractor to a 64HP diesel). My suggestion would be to take your time and find a 35-40HP diesel in good shape. A Ford 3000 would be an excellent choice, but you will need a little more coin. It will do a whole lot more than an 8N or a Jubilee.
    Last edited by CWPINST; 01-16-2009 at 06:46 PM.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

SCTIMBER Coots

Wish I had known you were looking for one, knew of a Ford 3000 with all implements except bushog that sold for $5000.

I would look around and try to find an old International 140. I've got a guy looking for me a good one at a deal down around Hemingway and Kingstree, if he runs up on something I'm not interested in, I'll send you the info.

Another good source to see what is around the state and other states close by is "Fastline" most of the dealerships advertise their used tractors, etc in it, free subscription too

Check out the Fastline website and magazine too.

I've got an old Jubilee that needs engine work. how much do ya'll think i could get for as is.
    I would like to put that towards a new tractor.