Bible Study Verse:

1 Corinthians 2:9

But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him." (NKJV)

Thoughts:

Through a job change, God is in the process of moving my family from the Delta of Arkansas to the Ozark Mountains area. The Delta is a great place, beautiful in its own way, with a large expanse of croplands. But the Ozarks are majestic mountains covered with beautiful mixed forests and abundant wildlife. Lakes and rivers dot the landscape and the Fall colors are breathtaking. The other day, I was clicking through photos taken from the area where we will be living, looking at the Fall colors in the leaves, the mountains, and the rivers. I said to my wife, "Look how beautiful our new home is!" Then it dawned on me: Actually, our new home has yet to been seen by mortal eyes. (BH)

Action Point:

Our life is brief, to say the least. If you compare our seventy or so years to the expanse of eternity, we're only here for a fleeting moment--eraser dust on the page of history that will all-too-soon be gone. However, God loved us so much that He sent His only son to die for our sins. Then, as if that weren't enough, He raised His son from the dead and brought Him back to His side to prepare a beautiful home for us there with Him. Our human minds have no way of imagining how breathtakingly beautiful and glorious our home in heaven will be. Best of all, Jesus is there waiting for us.

Do you know Jesus? Where is your eternal home? You won't believe your eyes!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day:

A tarp spread under a white oak tree in your yard is a great acorn-catcher. When the tarp if full, load up the sweet acorns and take them to your stand site. White oak acorns are deer candy! It's a great alternative to hitting them with your lawn mower!