Thread: Georgia Waterfowl Assn.

Default Georgia Waterfowl Assn.

Waterfowl group chief pleads guilty to fraud

The former president of the Georgia Waterfowl Association pleaded guilty Tuesday to bank fraud.

Kenneth Patisaul, 61, admitted in U.S. District Court that he used the association's bank accounts from January 2006 to July 2007 to take $17,000 for his own use.

FBI Special Agent Brian Ozden testified Tuesday that the association's board members came to the FBI in November 2007. They were concerned that donations to the nonprofit organization were not being used as intended, Agent Ozden said.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories...t_506770.shtml

you still down here, or have you headed for the hills yet?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

This has been almost two years in the making. It has been an unfortunate situation, not just for the association, but for all the members and supporters. It's going to be tough trying to save face in the community and with the membership. I'm just glad it is over and we can get back to helping the ducks.
    HRCH Lemon's Lady Chesney MH
    SHR Lemon's Pinch Of Long Cut aka Hagen
    "Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative." -Mordecai Siegal
    "If forced to choose between romantic love and my dog, I'd sure choose my dog." -Solange