Bible Study Verse:

Luke 6:47-48

I will show what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When the flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. (NIV)

Thoughts:

My son and I decided that this year we are going to build an ice shack. Last winter, we missed a lot of good fishing because it was just too cold to sit outside on a giant block of ice. We started our project in the Fall before the ice up and before the weather got to cold to work outside. We found some used lumber from a construction site that the owners wanted removed, so we didn't have a bunch of money stuck into the shack. Once we get finished and the ice forms on the lakes, we will be ready for action no matter what the weather is doing outside. (RT)

Action Point:

It's a good idea to build your faith before troubles hit; and troubles will come (John 16:33). Since faith comes from hearing the Word of God (Rom. 10:17), you can build and strengthen your faith everyday by reading and meditating on it, the Word. It's kind of like preparing for an extreme hunt in the mountains. You work out all summer getting your body in shape for the hunt. When Fall rolls around, you are physically fit for the challenges. Whether you are building faith or an ice shack, it's a lot easier to build before the storm hits.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day:

Fish can get pretty finicky when fishing through the ice. Sometimes little things, such as too big of a bobber, can keep them from biting. Try using a small bobber, one that just keeps the bait off the bottom.