Thread: ipod touch screen?

Default ipod touch screen?

Been following the ipod thread with interest. I have one of the $150 ipods and like it alot. But the touch screen sounds like it is the deal. Am I correct that you can download from itunes directly and check the internet, etc? Are there any additional fees for this?
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I'm on my iPod touch right now. I have the 16g and its the shit. There are no additional charges for connecting to the Internet. The only thing that u need is a wi-fi network. I pick up wi-fi everywhere. Major department stores, fast food restaurants, etc. The best way to sum up the itouch is: its the exact same thing as the iphone minus telephone capability.
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

best buy has a he'll of a deal going on right now....... $229
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

NBK Pro-staff

What is the difference between 1st generation and 2nd?
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."

Quote Originally Posted by romeocadet08 View Post
    The best way to sum up the itouch is: its the exact same thing as the iphone minus telephone capability.

Exactly..............it is the shniznit.............I wish Alltel would carry the iphone.........it is an awesome phone...........the only difference in the gen 1 and 2's are basically the touch and wi-fi capabilities I believe.....heres a link you can check out for more info..........

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1353

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

no, there is not any differences between wi-fi capabilities and touch. The only differences between the two generations are that the second generation has a built-in speaker and volume adjustment button. It also has the app store option in which u can buy games and songs from iTunes and directly download them to ur iPod without having to connect ur iPod to a computer and do it the normal way
    Last edited by romeocadet08; 12-21-2008 at 03:54 PM.

NBK Pro-staff

So you bought the gen 2 for $229?

My gf's little brother and i have the 2nd gen. He went and bought one after he saw mine. He had the gen 1 but he turned around and sold it yesterday and bought the gen 2 this morning for $229. That's the same thing i paid for mine.
    Last edited by romeocadet08; 12-21-2008 at 07:32 PM.

NBK Pro-staff

this was the s'ville store.

NBK Pro-staff

Wife just got a Ipod touch and loves it. Doesn't pay any attention to me now always playing with the ipod. Wish I could have bought her one 8 years ago. LOL

do you have to pay for the internet?
    Bone....

no fees for internet its wifi. i just bought one an hour ago. best thing since sliced bread

Default ROMEO CADET wi-fi question

Once you have the iPod touch in hand, do you need to download specific software (Safari, etc.) from iTunes for the wi-fi to launch?

Thanks.

Just got the 16gb for Christmas and it is awesome. Safari, etc. is already on it.

I got a 30 gig and am playing pure hell filling it up. I have six months of CD's to import into itunes...

I will not get another one if something happens to the itunes I have. Too much of a pain in the arse to get all of your tunage together...

Do very much enjoy the ipod though. Appreciate the hook up...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    Just got the 16gb for Christmas and it is awesome. Safari, etc. is already on it.
    Got one for Chirstmas too.

I'm hooked.