Thread: Louisiana Open A Bust

Default Louisiana Open A Bust

We Lease 2 Blinds Each Year On The Louisiana Delta Plantation And This Year The Farm Was Closed All The First Season And Maybe The Entire Season Due To What One Fed Game Warden Says Is "illegal Bait" This Farm Was Devastated By 2 Hurricanes And Close To 25,000 Acres Of Crops Were Knocked Down And Destroyed, For Insurance Purposes Thesecrops Were Disked In 2-4 Times In Each Field The State Says Its Fine To Hunt But One Arragan T Fed Game Waren Has A Hard On For Someone At The Farm, This Guy Cost 300 Plus People The First Season , This Is A 41,000 Refuge If We Dont Get To Hunt This Year I Guess The Only Good Thing About This Is That It Will Help Save Thousands Of Ducks For Next Year Anybody Know The Exact Rules On The Disking On Crops Thanks
    SUPPORT DELTA WATERFOWL

Basically, under federal law it has to be a standard agricultural practice. Check with the local NRCS in that county/parish. If they approve of the practice (in writing) then you can hunt. If the damage was done by a hurricane and federal disaster funds were used and approved to disk the crops, it may qualify. I'm no lawyer, but that is an option to check into. Go to the USFWS website and they have the federal baiting laws listed under Enforcement.

Probably wouldn't have been a problem if they didnt' disc (manipulate) it. It would have been some awesome groceries if they would have just left it alone...plenty of other farms are pounding birds on there destroyed crops, especially now that they have water on 'em.

I'm hearing the geese are in there THICK...food won't last long now.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

State Says Ists Ok To Hunt And Govenor Passed A Resolution Saying No One Would Be Charged With Baiting Due To Hurricanes But Fed Just Showing His Power I Guess We Have Filed A Federal Injuction To Allow Hunting But Have Not Heard Anything Yet
    SUPPORT DELTA WATERFOWL

got a headache trying to read that.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

same here - easy on the caps TB