Thread: triple seven powder on plane

Default triple seven powder on plane

Can you carry powder on a plane in your checked baggage? I thought about shipping it ahead of time to the hotel but i think they will charge me like $ 30 for haz fee. What if i ship it and don't tell what's in the box? is that a real bad idea?
    He would have been nice next year.

Triple Seven powder cannot be carried period - checked or carry on.
    I would probably not want to get caught shipping undeclared items through the mail or shipping services either. I don't know what the penalty is but it would be a hell of a lot more than $30.

I would have to agree with RMT. Don't get caught shipping something like that unmarked through the USPS or anyone else. The Postal Inspectors would have a field day with you.

The hot line just told me NO blackpowder, I guess i will ship it.

2nd question.

I'm flying Air Tran and their policy says 1 gun per case. I'm carrying 2 guns in a double case. I called the hotline and the girl says it is up to the discretion of the airport manager whether I can board the plane with 2 guns. I have to know definately. Have any of you run into this?
    Last edited by choco-lab; 11-30-2008 at 11:32 PM.

I have traveled several times with 2 guns in one case. The only requirement that I am aware of is the case must be hard sided and lockable.
    Each airline may very well have their own policy though.

You will need to get to the airport well in advance to declare your guns and complete the proper paperwork. At that point they take them away and you won't see them again until you get to your destination.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by RazMaTaz View Post
    You will need to get to the airport well in advance to declare your guns and complete the proper paperwork. At that point they take them away and you won't see them again until you get to your destination.
    If ever.

Just borrow a gun when you get to where you're going.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    If ever.

Just borrow a gun when you get to where you're going.
    I would tend to agree. Travelling with guns is a pain in the neck!

I would expect them to inspect your case to see what is inside. If the policy is one gun, then they'll take the 2nd gun. Make sure all of your ammo, if you are taking any, is in it's original packaging. I had to turn over about 60 Bismuth shells on my way to Ark one Christmas morning. The bottom line is this: the TSA does not play. They dont straddle the fence, and little is left up to local interpretation. I would try and stay inside the letter of the law in any dealings with TSA or airport officials.

I decided to buy powder when I get there and give away what I don't use before I come home. I'm going to carry both guns and take my chances at the airport. Hopefully they will see that I'm no muslim and let me pass.

I went elk hunting four years ago and I carried a box of triple seven pellets, a box of bullets and the primers in my hard case along with my gun. They didnt say anything to me about it. All they said that it had to be locked inside the gun case with the weapon or another lock type ammo case.
    Its nice to have my feet on American soil again

Not sure when's the last time you travelled but you better go by the guidelines is the best thing I can tell you. If they say it's up to the airport manager, why don't you call the airport manager and explain the situation and ask? Taking a chance with a second gun is not what you want to do I can assure you. I know a guy who damn near went to jail for having RemOil in his carry on coming back from Canada. I know another guy who got detained in Greenville/Spartanburg and missed his flight for having a choke tube in his hunting coat jacket he was wearing while boarding the plane. I've found if you call and ask these guys are usually more than helpful. I'm not trying to slam you, but don't be a dumbass. Why would you take a chance with a 2nd gun if there's even a remote chance you could lose it? As stated you can't play with this shit. They make people dump out deodorant and hand cream if they have too much of it in their carry on. Guns? No questions asked. Or, so many questions asked you get detained and screw up your trip. I'd take the advise in prior post on this thread. You can't good ole' boy or flirt your way through these lines. By the way, did you really think you could carry powder on the plane when you can't even carry a damn pocket knife?
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

I will tell you this...

One of our Canada crew had a bottle of RemOil in his bag on the trip home. TSA tagged it POSITIVE for EXPLOSIVES. Yes, he had cleaned his gun with that bottle.

He now resides on the TERRORIST WATCH LIST. Think about that...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I will tell you this...

One of our Canada crew had a bottle of RemOil in his bag on the trip home. TSA tagged it POSITIVE for EXPLOSIVES. Yes, he had cleaned his gun with that bottle.

He now resides on the TERRORIST WATCH LIST. Think about that...
    I'll be sure to inform our receptionist since he has been known to enter our office on occasion...his ass can wait outside from now on :turban2:

Yeah, I can definitely speak from experience that if you are going to travel with firearms or anything even remotely related to firearms, you better follow every letter of every law in every country you visit. Before you travel, study the rules. Don't let the authorities tell you when you are ready to go home. I didn't know about an aerosol can and that almost cost me my passport and some time in a foreign slammer. Not that I did anything wrong, but the cards stacked against me very, very quickly. Here's a bit of advice to anyone traveling on a hunting trip. Do NOT clean your gun! All I did was clean mine and put the Remoil in a plastic bag in my suitcase. The entire suitcase tested positive for 2 different types of explosives. The TSA folks in Canada take their jobs extremely seriously. It was suggested that I clean my entire suitcase with rubbing alcohol before I travel. Gloves, jackets, waders, and anything else that comes in contact with shell casings can test positive for explosives too. Make sure you have enough charge on your ipod so it will turn on and not be suspicious for a bomb. If you fill your waders up with your blackberry in your pocket two days before you fly, MAIL the blackberry home! Bottom line is TSA doesn't like electronics that don't work. Good luck, and happy traveling!!!