Thread: a bolt v/s x bolt

Default a bolt v/s x bolt

I was looking at getting a 270wsm and was looking at the brownings. the x bolt has a neat little removable clip and other than general looks, I didnt know if there was any real difference. What is everyones experience?

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

I did not realize that either were clip fed. Maybe a different type of clip? Most use a magazine. Why not get a Remington 700? It leaves you a lot more options in the future. Take a look at Benchrest.com. See how many serious riflemen use the Browning compared to the 700. Some have had good success with the Browning though.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

I have a a-bolt and x-bolt. Biggest differences are the mags and the x-bolt can open the bolt with the safety on. I kinda like my a-bolt mag better for personal reasons. The a-bolts mag clips onto the floor plate and the x-bolt drops out into your hand. The x-bolt is supposed to have a better recoil pad as well, but neither my a-bolt or x-bolt are big kickers.

I took the advice of cwpinst and many others and chose the 7mm-08 round this time. This round in my x-bolt is a dream to shoot!! Love the 7mm-08.

That being said I will probably try a tikka t3 next just to try something different. The action is silky smooth, the "guarantee" its accuracy and they dont break the bank.

A-bolt, X-bolt, brian-bolt... they all suck simpleman
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.