Thread: If you could only have one........

Default If you could only have one........

.22 rifle, what would it be? I'm in the market to get one and am unsure of what to get. Bolt or semi doesn't really matter. Price needs to be reasonable.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

tradorion Coots

10/22 for me... to many fun options to work it from Super Accurate to Super Fun....

I do only have 1 and its a 10/22. Synthetic/Stainless, with a trigger job
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Along the same lines with the Ruger 10/22...The Ruger M77/22 is my favorite...

tradorion Coots

the question is-- like beer or girlfriends... why the hell would you EVER only have "just one"???

Well, I'd like to own many, but can't buy a whole bunch right now. So I would like to get at least one.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

I don't have a 10/22 but I have two rifles that are direct knock-offs of it. The parts are even interchangable. One is an old AMT Lightning that was the first version of a 10/22 in all stainless, even the receiver. (Ruger stainless 10/22's have an aluminum receiver except for the old 10/22 magnums.) It came with a preban folding stock and looks all military. Even has a laser sight. I think Ruger sued AMT and made them stop making those.

My other is a Volquartsen custom shop copy of a 10/22. It has a carbon graphite wrapped target barrel, stainless receiver, thumbhole target stock, target trigger group, Grand Slam varmint scope, and it shoots 17HMR. I hunted squirrels with it Sunday morning and killed 7 from a ladder stand without moving. All head shots. That is one badass little rifle.

Ruger 10/22's have more aftermarket accessories available than any other .22.

Ruger 77/22 or Savage Mk II series
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Here's another interesting 10/22 or 77/22 mod. It's a poacher's dream.

http://www.swivelmachine.com/html/rimfire.htm

I LOVE my 10/22. Bought it stock for $80 from a fella I know that needed some quick cash a few years ago (SUCKER!).

It is the funnest gun ever for rolling off massive amounts of ammo. 25rd Tactical Inc mag, HK style front sight and peep rear (from Eagle... but looks and works really good actually). Big A2 style flash suppressor (also Eagle). "Weathered" factory wood stock. It looks like a cross btw an m1 carbine or small m14 or something like that. It's badass. I'll post a pic later.
    Last edited by walt4dun; 11-24-2008 at 06:04 PM.