Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Many .22's Are TOO Many?

A new 10/22 carbine goes for just under $200 I think.

tradorion Coots

if you find a 10/22 for $100 PLEASE let me know- i'll take 3 or 4.

I have been looking for awhile and have yet to see one below $150

R

tradorion Coots

Default Too Many- WTF?!?!?

Having "Too Many" guns- well that rates up there with "too much fun" "too much money" or a woman having too many outfits, shoes, and other accessories... NO SUCH ANIMAL OUT THERE.

T

oh and i left one other impossibility out- too much nookie- no such critter... no way, no how.

Yeah- i know- oink- i am a pig- but a very honest pig.

I have 9 (5 handguns and 4 rifles) and a suppressor, and like USMCsilver, I also have a spreadsheet...

Always looking for 10/22's to trick out and toy with. I currently have 3 empty stocks that would love to give a home to more 10/22 receivers.

I have a Ruger Mark III Hunter, but I'd like cheaper Mark II or .22/45 that I can drop a threaded Tac Sol Pac-lite barrel onto.
    Last edited by Wad Shooter; 11-24-2008 at 02:54 PM.

Been looking for a while at 10/22's and got my feelings hurt as well. Ended up buying a syn/stainless for like $237 at dicks. Walmart in goose creek had a wood/stainless for the same price. Shops were wanting $200 used so I went new.

At the rifle club, we have certain matches with the 22's. There are some 10/22's out there that cost more than any deer rifle, with the scope, than most of us will ever own. And they have these guns for the sole purpose of seeing who can punch those little holes at 50 yards and 50 meters. Two different contests. I have been told that one guy has over 3 grand in his gun.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

After just buying my 10/22 last week I kinda wish I would have gotten something little bigger. I wanna work over some yotes and worried the 22 might not be the best choice although with the right shot will get the job done.

thinking of getting a 77/22 in 22 mag. also thinking of getting a stevens 200 in 223 rem. Need me a glock 27 too. If i can make it past Christmas gonna start buying some stuff.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    ... also thinking of getting a stevens 200 in 223 rem. ...
    That would be a good budget coyote option.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

swamp, a guy at work swears by those rifles, he has several and has ordered many for other people at work. Said he shot a 223 last weekend, stock with a cheap bsa scope and had 3 rounds touching at 100yds. Not bad at all for a $300 rifle
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Yeah, from what I can tell, it's a Savage 110 without the Accu-Trigger. And Savage's are known to be accurate "out of the box" more than most other production rifles.

Dicks has a nice Remington .223 bolt action bull-barrel with a "tactical" OD green stock. I think it was $499 with a $50 rebate, or something like that.

im honestly surprised you dont own one of these yet.

That would also be a good price if you didn't mind a heavier gun.

Remington has a lot more Model 700 options out now than they used to. For a lower cost .223, though, you would be remiss to overlook this...

http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=90
    Last edited by Swamp Rat; 11-24-2008 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    im honestly surprised you dont own one of these yet.
    I almost did a pre-order before they were actually available in the states. However, I was concerned of overall reliability. Seems they've worked well...

I still could not bring myself to "justify" it. Granted, I don't justify all purchases, but with that gun, well, IMHO, it's more of a novelty than anything else.

It looks awesome, but mag costs are up there, and there are no hi-cap mags for the thing. If I wanna dump some lead, I've got 50-round 10/22 mags that I can do that with. I'd never take the thing hunting, so it would just be a range toy.

As much as I hate to say it, I think I'd rather dump ~$3,800 into a SBR'd HK94/MP5.