Thread: AR-15 Shooters

Default AR-15 Shooters

WHats your take on the High Standard upper recievers.? Just the stripped reciever, not a complete upper?

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    WHats your take on the High Standard upper recievers.? Just the stripped reciever, not a complete upper?
    Never heard of them.

My question is this -- if you are willing to just purchase a stripped upper, then why not go with a well-known maker? How much could POSSIBLY be saved by going with the company mentioned above?

Stripped uppers can be bought all day long on AR15.com from private parties, or online dealers all day long at very, VERY reasonable prices.

If you're gonna do a build, do it with quality parts. It will save you A LOT of money in the long run (most likely).

That's my , and as always, YMMV...

Thank for the info usmc.

I would be very cautious of buying anything from a company that did not have a great rep. There are so many people out there trying to make a quick buck right now. Go with what USMC said. Great sight by the way.

With the panic buying of the Obamanation right now finding anything at a reasonable price is not easy. USMC is right, get a brand name so you don't end up with an unknown. If you're shooting for economics Del-Ton has kits with everything but the stripped lower for $465 right now... that would make for a fast frakengun.

I’m fairly new to AR's so I don’t know if they are no name or not. I’ve seen some reviews of their complete uppers and the reviews were good. I was hoping someone here may have used some of their equipment before.

YOu can get a quality stripped lower from Rock River Arms for around 300. Rock river has tight tolerances and is a well built weapon all together.
    I love Defenseless Animals... Especially in a good gravy<br /><br />When I wake up in the morning I piss excellence

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDunkey View Post
    YOu can get a quality stripped lower from Rock River Arms for around 300. Rock river has tight tolerances and is a well built weapon all together.
    Dude, he's looking for an upper -- a stripped UPPER receiver.

Here's a few names to trust:

Colt
    Bushmaster
    Rock River Arms
    DPMS
    Doublestar
    VLTOR
    Stag
    Olympic
    Armalite
    CMMG
    LMT (Lewis Machine & Tool)
    Wilson Combat
    Novenske
    S&W

Out of all those -- the CMMG is probably the best pick because they are easy to find and have a good price attached; it is not the BEST on the list, but again, it's easy and affordable and GOOD QUALITY. Those are not ALL by any means, but it's a short list in short time.
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 11-20-2008 at 09:43 PM.

Got a CMMG upper and doublestar lower.... works just fine. CMMD is backordered BIG TIME last I checked, that is why I suggested the Del-Ton rifle kit

I want to see a stripped version of SwampDunkey's new avatar! Holy Crap!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Nobody ever became a hero in a comfortable setting. Sometimes you got to nut it up and do work.

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg View Post
    I want to see a stripped version of SwampDunkey's new avatar! Holy Crap!
    Yeah -- hot as shit doesn't even begin to describe that one!

What makes an upper good or not good. If its mill spec and a lower will mount up with it is it good. Just asking?????

I half ass read his post anyway. And was probably thinking about something else. Personally if I bought an upper I would buy one that was complete. Thats just me.
    I love Defenseless Animals... Especially in a good gravy<br /><br />When I wake up in the morning I piss excellence