Thread: Goose Creek

Default Goose Creek

Does anybody bowfish Goose Creek Reservoir? I was fishing the other day and a guy that lives on the lake said he saw lights at night and assumed they were aligator hunting. I was just wondering if you could hunt aligators on Goose Creek or if what he saw was bow fishermen. I was just wondering. It doesn't matter to me either way, I got my gator this year and I doubt I'll apply again and I just don't bow fish. I really was just wondering what he was seeing so I thought I'd check with all the experts on here.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

While in season you may hunt gators in the resevoir and we have been there a few times bow fishin. Nothing spectacular, have yet to see a cat there but it does hold some nice carp and gar. Just not big numbers of them.
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Wow, you really do learn something everyday. That's good to know about the gators. Hopefully they got the one that hung out around the dock and the one that was up closer to the powerlines that would follow you around. Those big ones that follow you around are a little unnerving when you are in a kayak not too much bigger than them.

The GC Reservoir used to hold massive amounts of aligators in the late 90's. I assume it still does.....MASSIVE. It was difficult to understand just how many until you hit their ass with the spotlight after dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.