Thread: thoughts from the experts

Default thoughts from the experts

http://www.del-ton.com/AR_15_Rifle_Kits_16_s/57.htm

My wife prays that you boys will rip this idea out of my head.

What do you know if anything about the quality and prices for these kits?

Thanks in advance

PS

Someone posted earlier about stripped receivers for $70. Where might that be?
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Cool..... I Wanna Know The Answer To This Question Too

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

You have a little over 2 months to get one. Better to get it now, before the panic sets in. They are already selling pretty darn well. My thoughts.......... don't screw around with trying to save a few dollars. Get one while you can and get plenty of ammo.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

IMHO, there's a reason they are so cheap. And, remember, it does not include the lower receiver (add anywhere from $100-$289).

It may be your first, and it MAY be your LAST.

Get something of some quality that will stand the test of time.

tradorion Coots

Default Exactly--

$485... then figure that with the lower and gunsmith help (which many folks will need) etc etc etc you have over $700 in the gun...

For $800-900 you can get a gun made by a single manufacturer that is properly matched up parts with a warrant...

The answer is clear for me.

Spend the extra andget a good product. Tell the wife she can have the same $$ in shoes/clothes AFTER you get the gun and mags and some ammo LOL!!

T

hard call, if money is an issue then this is a good avenue, but if not I agree with the fruity rabbit ranger buy one with a warantee and hope it breaks before BHO nationalizes the industry.
    people went nuts buying stripped lowers after tuesday night, get the kit and check the Equipment exchange on ar15.com people will unload them when they realize they spent the mortgage tuesday night while draining a bottle.