Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DRDuck

Not when the water temp is at the correct temp. Swampy. Trust me. I REFUSE to eat a fish till the water cools down.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

My favorite out of that lake is cold-water crappie. I just seem to have lost my touch. I guess spending some time on the water instead of my butt would help.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Yep. PM me if you want to go one afternoon. The bite is early, I ain't in to that, or late. Bring it!
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Aight! I'll get up with ya at some point!

I do still miss the white bass - wonder if I will ever know for sure what happened to em. Have heard the white perch blamed for the demise. In August/September, there was a flat near the house I could ease over to and get into a school every evening. Tossing little 1/8 oz. bucktails on ultra-light tackle, 4 lb test line, and fightin' those things until dark.

That's where I learned how to approach a school, and school-fishing etiquette.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

You are takin fishin way to over schooled or something. White Bass are still in the lake, just not as many as there was 20 years ago. Caught one bout a week ago that went bout 2 lbs. Fought like a 10 lb. largemouth. Better get on up this way cause the fish will not stay here close but so long.

Ttt

Got on um REAL GOOD yesterday in the PM and this afternoon also. Late bite and the fish are getting fat. Bait just drooling out of their mouth from feeding.
    3 people - 28 fish in 1-hour yesterday. Today not as good as that. Up the lake.
    1-keeper fish. Light tackle its all bout the pull to me anyway and having a good time with some beverage.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    You are takin fishin way to over schooled or something. White Bass are still in the lake, just not as many as there was 20 years ago. Caught one bout a week ago that went bout 2 lbs. Fought like a 10 lb. largemouth. Better get on up this way cause the fish will not stay here close but so long.
    Where were you last summer to back me up?

Same place I am NOW!

I think the numbers might be starting to bounce back.

We caught quite a few of them this summer, and no they weren't white perch.

drduck , i went up past your house this morning in the rain and cut out two mallards ( which were the only two birds we saw), but when we got back on the river it was like a damn mad house with all the fishermen chasing those seagulls!
    1542 wareagle w/ 25 johnson
    1436 wareagle w/ 23 gdlt
    14' bugbuster w/ built 40 hammer
    1648 gdsd w/ 27 gdsd
    1650 polarcraft w/ built 40 hammer
    1848 gdsd w/ 35 gdsd
    1503 super-v w/ built 40 hammer
    1650 Joe Hancock special w/ ????

They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst!

You killed my pet ducks. BAWWAAAA! They should be good, fat and tasty.

They didn't still have the bread bag on their head did they?

Skripers this weekend? i.e. the 3rd or 4th?

See post in who is not working this week or next or next or next. You bought done missed it.

Unless the beer left with the fish I haven't missed anything.

Fish are ancillary to my primary objective.

See post to your post in the thread with the other post.