Thread: Gheenoe

Default Gheenoe

Anybody got one? Pros Cons.... Anything similar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

I dont have a gheenoe,but i do have and old colman scanoe, with the transom on the back. I have put the thing through hell and it is still hanging around. It is to heavy for one person to carry, but it great for two people.

gheenoes and riverhawks are real good for small river and backwater hunting. Get you a 13 footer and put something like a 6-9 hp motor and you are set. My wife's uncle has one with a 8 hp nissan on it and thats all he hunts with. He hunts little pee dee and all around the marshes in the coast. They draft like 3 inches of water and can be paddled with ease. Great one man rig or two man/little gear rig. I'd love to have one myself, but my wife would divorce me if i said i wanted another boat.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I have 3 of them and love em send me a PM and We can talk I will give you all the ups and downs. Building a trolling powered 2 man sneak out of my 13 ftr.

here are a few pics of my 15 ft

"The beautiful thing about the Second Amendment, is that it won't be needed till they try to take it away" - Thomas Jefferson

Conservation Permit #1969

what do people sneak up on in sneak boats?

just a name to me but they are handy for the river here and small water
    "The beautiful thing about the Second Amendment, is that it won't be needed till they try to take it away" - Thomas Jefferson

Conservation Permit #1969

I have a 12.6 River Hawk in good shape w/ galvinized trailer
    I'll let roll for $750 - current stickers

PM sent tkohn
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

I have a 15ft RiverHawk. Have only had it for a couple of months but has been awsome. I fish the big and little pee dee and a couple creeks in between and even a few large lakes. I am planning on outfitting it for duck hunting this winter. The only flaws I have found is if you like a wider boat its not for you and they dont like rougher water but I tilt my up and roll on. You can get a Gheenoe custom built by Custom Gheenoe but RiverHawk also makes a B-6o Duck Hunters edition that a little pricie but is super sweat will probably be my next boat.

hello thread from 2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

"sneak boat" still sounds unsportsman-like to me... as if you're gonna creep up behind a bream and pull his underwear down.