Thread: First hog

Default First hog

I know that you veteran pig hunters won't give a crap but I dropped my first this past Saturday. I have always passed on the things but the fella who has put me onto his land wants them shot so I obliged.

My oldest son and I got to the stand late, 7:00 Saturday morn, and the porker came out as we climbed into the stand. I was taking my boy for a deer and he had a 243 and I carried a bolt 223 since I had hit my 308 prety good and I needed to confirm the sights.

Anyway, we watched this pig for 30 minutes and finally could see well enough in the fog to take a shot. I beaned him in the left ear. He rolled like a train had hit his ass.

130 pound boar.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

spellcheck just nutted his pants

Good boar. Any pictures?
    "Pass it on in the name of Conservation"-Tracy Byrd

hey hey! very nice congrats!
    xHCFKx

I'd like to thank my dad for coming, and my mom for being there...

need to drop every one of those corn pilfering escapees!!!
    “A town is saved, not more by the righteous men in it than by the woods and swamps that surround it.” -Thoreau

Damn fine job! 130lbs? That should of fit in the wheelchair just fine to get his ass out of the woods.

....but how'd you get back to the Jeep?
    Last edited by Idlewild; 10-28-2008 at 06:00 PM.

I will send a pic to Idlewild and maybe he will post it. He has jinxed my computer and I can't do crap with it.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Good pork is pork not breathing. The other white meat. Hooah.

Send it on Pops.

Right on RP way to laid down the swine
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

RP's pork d'oeuvres (for Bud and Spellcheck....that's a "play on words" ...see Finger Food - Side Dish - Appetizer )

Thanks Idlenutz. I will buy the beer when you show me how all that is done. I at least got it from the phone and the camera.

Y'all should have seen the ones that were in the field the Thursday night before when we rode down to put some corn out. Many footballs could have been made. My pig would have been dwarfed by those hogs.

Yesterday I guess I guess I still had it hard for another pig. I went and put out three 70 pound bags of ear corn on this field and one bag a little into the woods on another stand not hunted this year.

Tonight I took the kids to the farmer's market for a pumpkin. There were some apples cheap so I picked up a bushel and headed down to the field to sweeten the field up. This is 15-20 minutes from the farmer's market.

When I got there, every bit of that 280 pounds of corn was gone. It looked like a bottom plow had been in there. All in just over 24 hours. Alright, matbe it wasn't a bottom plow. Just a disk.

Anyway, there are going to be some fat ass pigs down there.
    Last edited by rp; 10-29-2008 at 09:13 PM.

kill everyone you can. i might go a pig whackin tomorrow evening. favorite way to kill'em is the dogs and knife though, it will get your blood pumpin when you grad a good sized hog and he takes you for a ride
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    favorite way to kill'em is the dogs and knife though, it will get your blood pumpin when you grad a good sized hog and he takes you for a ride
    What? Not man enough to just strangle em with your bare hands or jump out a tree and beat em to death. hahaha
    That's a little too hardcore even for me. I'll stick with the gun.

Congrats

Damn that's a mean looking critter.... pig ain't real sweet either
    Tell rp III to save a pig for me

hell b-rad training dogs the other week i jumped on one minus dogs and knife and got my ass worked. he weighed about 150 and i weigh 260 and he tossed me like a little girl. i dont need to jump out of any trees dogs and knife are sufficient as is the gun.
    cut\'em