Thread: 295/75 r16?

Default 295/75 r16?

Who makes a good mud tire that won't break the bank in this size?

Thanks
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Check this site out. It'll give ya a good idea whats out there.

http://www.performanceplustire.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Does it have to be a mud tire? Every now and then Pep Boys has a buy 3 get 1 free tire sale. They have a pretty decent mud tire, that i can't remember the name of, that I believe is a 40K mile radial. Pulls well and makes a little noise on the road.

If it doesn't have to be a mud tire, look into the Bridgestone Revo. Used it while out in Colorado and it was awesome in the snow, mud, dirt and quiet on the road.

pep boys carries the dayton tires....pretty deep tread....check em out

I'm running BFG AT's 295/75/16. Not a mud tire, but mine have over 90K miles on them and some to go. They have been on two 2500HD's.
    Best heavy truck tire I have ever owned!
    [COLOR=darkgreen][B]"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke [/B][/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR=#006400][/COLOR][/B]
    [B][COLOR=#006400]"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" George Orwell[/COLOR][/B]

Cooper

Dayton Timberline MT's or AT's. Excellent tire for the money. It is a Firestone/Bridgestone tire without the name or money.

ive got a set of destination MT's and they have close to 30,000 on them and they still have 1/2 on them. They pull real well too. They are on my old hunting truck, i'll either get another set of them, or maybe a set of swampers since i don't drive it everyday.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Evidently no one makes a true mud grip in 295/75 16. You have to either buy a 285 or 305.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."

285 or a 305 is not much difference than a 295, correct?

B.F. Goodrich makes a great tire. Wide range of tire sizes available too.

Here you go when it comes to the size differences:

285/75/R16 = 32.8x11.2/16
    295/75/R16 = 33.4x11.6/16
    305/70/R16 = 32.8x12/16
    305/75/R16 = 34x12/16

the only 295s I've ever seen were the BFG ATs, I'm sure there are a few more but it is a rare tire.......I've never seen a 305/75 but I've been told they are out there..........
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

I have the new BFG MT's and I love them. They have help up better than the old model with the new tread design. I have put a lot of highway miles on them, more than I would have ever thought I would have and they have help up nicely. No real tred wear as well as they are quiet and smooth to ride on. I know they are a little more expensive than some named above, but they are worth the investment. They clean better than the older model and the sidewall grips more than the old tread design.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokechop View Post
    Dayton Timberline MT's or AT's. Excellent tire for the money. It is a Firestone/Bridgestone tire without the name or money.
    I run the A/T's and get over 60,000 miles a set out of them. Hard to beat for the money.
    Your riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

I have the timberline mt's in 285-75-16 and they have been a good tire...unfortunately I heard they have been discontinued.
    Last edited by Hooked 0n Quack; 10-29-2008 at 02:14 PM.

Look at the General Tire Grabber AT2.... Pretty much the same tire as the BFG AT's. They come in 295/75/16. They are $164 each at Tirerack.com. My experience has been you can find them cheaper. Great tire for the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Decided to go with bfg at's for the better ride. Will let ya'll know how the 295's work out. Hopefully the groud clearance will make up the lack of cleats.

I've had my best experience with BFG ATs in the mud at about 1/2 tread. They clogged up to much for me when they were at full tread. They are a great tire for light mud, plowed fields and sand though. If you get into heavy mud with full tread, my experience is that you have to spin them wide open. I don't think you will be disappointed though. Good luck!!
    Last edited by buckshot1224; 10-29-2008 at 05:38 PM.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3