Thread: new cuddebacks

Default new cuddebacks

called the captures.
    why are they selling cameras that are '"better" than the old ones for $199?
    anyone have experience with these?
    trail cameras are an integral part of my next level aquisistion.

when they come out with a trailcam that will take pics in 4 different directions i will buy another one... until then ill get by with my $99 moultrie from wally world

Cant beat moultrie SW

ive heard otherwise.
    poor battery life, mainly.

i got over 700 pics (90%night) on my last set of batteries in a cuddeback.

i dont know about every one else but i have gotten atleast if not more than 700 pics on my last set of batteries as well...... energizer... only complaint i have about my moultrie is the quality of the pics at night, if the animal is close its fine... but if its kinda on the outer range of the flash it can be poor..... o and the stupid horizontal lines that show up in the night time pics....

good pic-

bad pic-

Sportin', I have a moultrie I40, and I swear, as God as my witness, it took over 7000 pics and still had around 50% battery life. Most of these pics were taken at night time. It is set on 3 shot burst mode with picture quality set to high. It takes great pictures, and it isn't too expensive. I paid $199 on ebay, and it came with a camo cover and 1 gig sd card. The $99 walmart's aren't bad, but they eat up the battery.
    every expert was once a beginner

i was being convervative, it may be 1000 pics. 7000 is crazy, 4D batteries?
    the new cuddebacks ARE 199 too, or 185 on ebay.
    seems tempting with the rep they have.
    but you also usually get what you pay for in electronics.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

I am up to about 400 pics with my I-40 and I have about 88% left. Cheap chinese batteries too. Very pleased, but the shutter could be faster. It is about 2 seconds in the day and about 3 at night.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Energize e^2 Lithium batts are the REAL DEAL! I put them in one of the cams I built that has the two batteries in the cam and four externals I added in parallel and I've had it out since the first of July....and yes, it's taking LOTS of pictures

Quote Originally Posted by mrtroy4man View Post
    Sportin', I have a moultrie I40, and I swear, as God as my witness, it took over 7000 pics and still had around 50% battery life. Most of these pics were taken at night time. It is set on 3 shot burst mode with picture quality set to high. It takes great pictures, and it isn't too expensive. I paid $199 on ebay, and it came with a camo cover and 1 gig sd card. The $99 walmart's aren't bad, but they eat up the battery.

yep, been running mine since july and the battery life is still around 70-75%. Got over 120 pics this weekend on it.
    Last edited by Duckman#1; 11-05-2008 at 09:43 PM.
    80-20 Genaration

Friend's dont let friends buy cuddeback.

Dont do it Sportin

Sportin', the I40 runs off of 6 D size batteries. I am running the cheap batteries in mine as well. I have noticed that as the battery level drops, the image quality suffers, but just the slightest bit. The first pics was about 15% brighter than the 7000th pic. It has taken over 1500 pics in the last week and a half, and battery was around 88 or 89%. These cameras are the cat's meow! I agree with CW, the shutter speed is a tad slow, but I think you can go to the moultrie website and download a program to increase the speed. Mine has caught deer in mid air, birds in mid air, so it is still pretty fast.
    every expert was once a beginner

yea we have sold a bunch of the I40s and I60s no one has the first complaint about them..We have sent numerous Cuddeback No-Flashs back..I got lucky on my No-Flashes i havent had any problem with them and i love them they take pretty good pics with good battery life..dwayne PM some of the pics your camera has taken..or post them