Thread: Blue lights

Default Blue lights

So what's up with the blue security lights? Are they supposed to help with your vision or something?

Why use a blue porch light? - The Great Outdoors Stack Exchange
    A blue light signifies that this house is a temporary safe space, open to anyone that feels in danger or threatened. Knock on the door and the residents will provide support until you feel safer or can make other arrangements. If no one is home, you are welcome to sit on the porch for a short time until you feel safe to continue on your way. ...
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Not sure if these are what you’re talking about but noticed them in North Carolina last year and they have made their way to a few places in SC as well.

https://indyweek.com/news/northcarol...etlight-bulbs/

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Why use a blue porch light? - The Great Outdoors Stack Exchange
    A blue light signifies that this house is a temporary safe space, open to anyone that feels in danger or threatened. Knock on the door and the residents will provide support until you feel safer or can make other arrangements. If no one is home, you are welcome to sit on the porch for a short time until you feel safe to continue on your way. ...
    That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about security lights on poles provided by the power companies. I have noticed that a lot of them are now blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    Not sure if these are what you’re talking about but noticed them in North Carolina last year and they have made their way to a few places in SC as well.

https://indyweek.com/news/northcarol...etlight-bulbs/
    That may be it, but the ones I am seeing are more blue than purple. Most I have seen are in Dillon county out in the country.

Keeps the haints away.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Shitted out Chinese made LEDs…there are a few distinct blue lights on poles in Summerville that go half way up the pole but those as far as I can tell signify they have pole cams on them.

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    That may be it, but the ones I am seeing are more blue than purple. Most I have seen are in Dillon county out in the country.
    I think I remember being told by someone of the street department, that they were bad lights.

The blue porch light I thought were support the blue. Our neighborhood looks like a crime scene at night. It is very obvious and may make heathens look elsewhere. I think it is odd or unusual.

I have also notice the blue street lights also and thought the same. Go figure.
    Last edited by centurian; 02-11-2023 at 05:27 PM.

Thought the blue lights had a button that went straight to 911 when pressed? Seen them on college campuses and whatnot.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Out in front of my office there is a blue light on top of a box that has 360 degree surveillance for a right busy intersection.

Over on the USC campus I believe they indicate police boxes if someone needs help right away. Darealdeal says this above.

5 Points should be full of them.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

See a bunch now in Spartanburg, I figured someone ordered the wrong color but decided to use them.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    So what's up with the blue security lights? Are they supposed to help with your vision or something?
    Pretty sure they are some new sort of led street light. We have them in our neighborhood.
    Go Tigers!!!

Those are generally city police camera spots. At least that’s what they are here in Columbia, sc. Supposedly just upgraded camera locations.

I'd like to know what's up with the proliferation of blue running lights on cars. Is this legal? I drive around in a constant state of paranoia.

In parking lots? I think they use them so people cannot pick out their veins.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbaweave View Post
    Those are generally city police camera spots. At least that’s what they are here in Columbia, sc. Supposedly just upgraded camera locations.
    This. Seems like Richland county added a bunch. There’s a camera and blue light at a rural bus stop on monticello road, was the first one I ever noticed