Thread: Another Dog Eater Bites It

Default Another Dog Eater Bites It

It wasn't easy, but my boys and I managed to kill two big lizards on Marion this weekend.

You boys down there have thinned them out pretty damn good and the ones you didn't get are pretty dang smart now......took us about 80 roll ups to get one to stay up for a shot..

I ended up snagging this big boy and fighting him for over an hour and a half on 80 lb spiderwire. Finally got him up and stuck him twice with the bow. He bit the boat twice and dang near climbed in it once. Six shots to the back of the head with a .45 hydroshock finally calmed him down a little.

Took us 30 minutes and some ingenuity to get him in the boat. Finally stats were 11 feet 10 inches and 490 lbs on the processors scales.

The other one we killed with the bow was a 7.5 foot dink, but he'll eat good...

Originally Posted by Rubberhead*
    I'm sure our loving God gave dogs short lifespans so we can get a glimpse of the joy and sorrow that our own lives bring to Him.

HRCH Riptide's Hydrophilic Hammertime (HYDRO)

Nice work. They need some more thinning, keep the heat on them.

Damn nice gator!!! Congratulations!! Damn gator hunting is addicting as hell!!

You're right, nothing like the adrenaline rush of gator huntin. We've been huntin GA and FL for years.

I'll put in for the Coastal Unit next time or hunt private. Marion has been hammered and there were plenty of folks out this weekend too.

We had other boats pull up on at least 10 gators that we had in our bowsights....reminded me of the lake on opening day of duck season!

We never got close to a gator until 3 or 4 in the morning with all the other cocknockers running around. Should have slept till midnight and went out then....

When you can get close to a bunch of them and be picky it makes it a lot more fun. We were lucky just to get these two....
    Originally Posted by Rubberhead*
    I'm sure our loving God gave dogs short lifespans so we can get a glimpse of the joy and sorrow that our own lives bring to Him.

HRCH Riptide's Hydrophilic Hammertime (HYDRO)

Dang right.........congrats......

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Excellent, congrats

no vid?
    #SPURSUP