Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gamecocks find something that works!

Sorry 2th, I'm not on here to make ememies. I just get fired up when it comes to Gamecock football. I should've just kept that to myself. You know though the comment about us diverting criticism from us to Clemson is off. I'm not being critical, I'm stating fact. At the beginning of the year, I picked Clemson to win the ACC and definately go to a BCS bowl. With the talent you guys have, I wouldn't expect anything less. I think the problem is coaching whether it's Bowden or Rob Spence. But there is no way you guys should be where you're at right now with the talent you have. But anyhow, next time I'll stay out of the way of you ribbing yur friends.
    Dook, you have got to be kidding me. How many teenagers that go from momma's house to a big time college, and being the up and coming star on campus, doesn't do this kind of stuff. I guess you were always the perfect little angel. Listen, I don't condon acting like a retard (which he did alot of) but he was punished (and should've been) and did everything that was required of him to get back on the team. Now I don't give a rat's pecker what he did in the past or whether he came here with a silver spoon in his mouth or lived in a trailer park, if he's the man for the job, then so be it. It's all about heart, you know it and I know it. And seeing Smelley play, I don't see any heart, no emotion at all. Sound like you do give a crap about who our QB is. You obviously don't like Garcia. Garcia has not had the chance to grow through experience. You say that Spurrier watches the practices, then I would assume that that is the reason that he named Garcia the Starting QB last week. So then, why didn't he start? And nobody has said that Garcia is the answer to our problems. I'm not so nieve to think that one person can fix the gamecocks woes. I will take your advise and stick to my day job and I will also stick to my coaching job. Besides there are some credentials there. I like your predictions by the way. I hope you're right on.
    Last edited by DuckorBust; 10-08-2008 at 07:55 AM.
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Smelly throws too many floaters when he tries the long pass. He can't get it done when the game is on the line and you need to score in a hurry. Garcia will be able to with some more experience. Steve"the Man" Spurrier understands this. know dat.

Just stay out front with the scoring and we will be fine with Smelly. If we fall behind, Garcia will see time.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I think all the observations are good. If I had to bet on it though, I would put my money with Steve Spurrier as the better decision maker of the group here. I am pretty sure he has more knowledge and expertisein selecting the starting qb than most of the "experts" here. I also believe he wants to win just as much as the fans. For what its worth.....He is/was one of the greatest college coaches to ever take a breath of air. A Hall of Famer. A heisman trophy winner. Perhaps he's not as stupid as some think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

good post art.........no expert here, just an observer. I guess I can't say to much about somebody not liking Garcia, because I'll admit that I'm not a Smelley fan. and I think Spurrier still has something in him and if we can't do it with him, then we may as well just shut it down. He def knows his stuff. I just want to win even it means playing grandma and all her sisters!
    And art, that would def be a good bet for ya.LOL

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

CP#96743

Quote Originally Posted by deadduck View Post
    People say Garcia is the man... reporters, people who go to the practices etc. Stats from High School seem similar.

and in my opinion Smelly is not the answer.

Oh the people, are these the same ones that predicted Tater tech to Romp on Bama? Or the preseason hype as to UGA being #2? Or are those the people that say Obama is the answer?

This is what I love about the WWW, everyone has the opportunity to share their opinion, and everyone has the opportunit to rebut.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Oh the people, are these the same ones that predicted Tater tech to Romp on Bama? Or the preseason hype as to UGA being #2? Or are those the people that say Obama is the answer?
    Yes... Those same people. Good point; the "experts" can be wrong.

I say we revisit this after Smelly has a second or third good game.
    \"My idea of fast food is a mallard.\"- Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    You coots seem to be the ones that want to deflect the criticism from your team to ours.
    Laughable at best...

Well now for all the Garcia sceptics out there, what do you say now. I know it's only 1 game, but I think he has proved that he can play. I'm not saying he is the answer to our problems, but he does answer one question, and that is at QB. I think he is better than Smelley, and think he has heart and I think he came in and took over against Kentucky. He has attitude and that's what we need at the QB position. I'm not making any crazy predictions, but I think we have a beter shot with Garcia to beat some of the top SEC teams coming up, than we have had in a long time. I guess now we will see. Go Gamecocks!

CP#96743

Garcia still has a way to go before we go running away with all the "better than Smelley" talk. Suppose he starts next week and gets picked off 3 or 4 times? Garcia has not started a game and will be under alot of pressure. Have to see what happens...
    At least I'm housebroken.

You 're right, he might (is going to) have some bad games. Even the best QB's do. Like I said, I'm not saying that he is the answer to our problems, but it all comes down to this. He might tank the rest of the games he plays, but from what I've seen so far, he is at least as good or better than Smelley throwing the ball, he plays with heart and attitude (which I've never seen from Smelley), When the pocket collapses, he can gain postitive yards (which Smelley has not been able to do), and give him the same experience that Smelley has, and I think he's miles ahead of him. We got to start somewhere with Garcia, and I think this is the perfect spot to give him the job and stick with him and see if he can live up to all the hype. I personally like our chances much more with Garcia thatn with Smelley. That's all I'm sayin.

CP#96743

Point is what I was trying to say throughout this thread: If we say Garcia is the QB of the future he should have started UAB, Ole Miss and Kentucky so he has experience for LSU, Florida, Tennesse, Ark. and Clemson. The only reason Spurrier chose not to in my opinion is that Ole Miss and Kentucky were road games and they are hard enough to win in the SEC without a first time starter.

LSU is a tough first start for sure and I hope he does well. Glad it is a home game and BOY I really hope he does well! I cannot wait for Saturday!!!
    \"My idea of fast food is a mallard.\"- Ted Nugent

Go Cocks!

I am glad we won another road game.

Garcia accounted for 7 points this weekend, just remember that.

LSU home Game, Prime Time ESPN @ 8pm, the same time the mutherfucking fair is going on, son of a BITCH. Should be troublesome.

You can't win in the big leagues when your long passes just float down the field for anyone to grab(meaning intercept).

Smelly has been given ample opportunity to make the long pass. He's too inconsistant on those. He would be a good quarterback for clemson with their predictable 4 and 5 yd passes. He can make those.

all im saying is were not playing spetacular but id rather be at 5 and 2 then 2 and 5 or 3 and 3 like some schools