Thread: Toyoto's FJ Cruiser

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Not a bad looking vehicle, a little boxy. It looks to me like they're trying to make this thing look like an H2 (Hummer).

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule葉o all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Wonder if FORD was faking them out when they put this possible New Version BRONCO out in Jan 2004? I see alot of my 1966 in that puppy!

Reloading is one of the few times in life when it pays to allow yourself to be truly paranoid!

"Y'all be safe out there"
    NRA Lifer 1970

Yup! There it is again, that H2 look!

Did Ford ever start mass producing those? I can't say as I have seen any around.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule葉o all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Never heard a word other than what was put out 13 months ago? They may have been giving mis-information? [img]graemlins/patriot.gif[/img]
    Reloading is one of the few times in life when it pays to allow yourself to be truly paranoid!

"Y'all be safe out there"
    NRA Lifer 1970

Ford was probably floating a balloon to see how well that Bronco would be accepted before they spent all that money tooling up for production. Pretty smart move.

That Ford is perty sharp
    More fuel = more boost!!

Check this bad boy out!! Baby has 2 hemi motors!! And full 4-wheel turning in and out!
    Good to talk, see you out there!

KRT,
    I agree, especially in that gray scale picture which gives it a gun metal look. It looks hateful or like it has a bad attitude. It still looks too much like an H2.

Now if it had some of them spinning hubcaps and a gold chain license plate frame it would be the shiznit!! Every [img]graemlins/afro.gif[/img] in the State would want it! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Have any of you guys seen the Crosslander? its at www.crosslander.com ... Bad ass little ride, price starts at $17,000.00 fully equipped.. I have been trying my darndest to get on the waiting list for this thing, but there aint no slots open for it... I kinda dig that LC and the Bronco, just wish they would all get away from that H2 Look, heck they have an H3 coming out soon, bout the size of a Tahoe...
    I know I\'m lame cause I have to shoot the tame.

i have been driving landcruisers as my primary truck the past twelve years....... but that bronco looks the best out of the two above.
    wherever we go we bring monkey with us

After looking at the pic of that Bronco again I think it looks mor like the old International Scout than a Bronco.

That Crosslander looks good too. Is it made by Range Rover?

MC is offline Daydreamer Extraordinaire

Man I would love it if they brought back the old International Scout, but not with all the new bells and whistles, just a no-nonsense utility vehicle. I looked at a lot of old Scouts last year when I ended up buying my K5 and it's nearly impossible to find a stock Scout that is in good condition anymore.

The Crosslander is made by Crosslander,a romanian company that was bought out by a Brazilian Company... Its built on Ford Chassis, and even has a model with a Cummins diesel in it... Its about the size of a 4 runner, but supposedly built bad ass... When you buy it,its loaded up like the pictures.. I got a quote from a place in Texas at $17900, loaded out, but cant get on the waiting list...
    I know I\'m lame cause I have to shoot the tame.

ARO CROSSLANDER

ARO - the 47 year old vehicle manufacturer and one of the pioneer of 4x4 Utility Vehicle - announced last year that after years of negotiations they had signed a 10 year contract with Cross Lander Industria e Comercio from Manaus, Brazil. ARO will supply CKD component kits for the assembly of the new Cross Lander 4x4 utility vehicle at their plant in Brazil. The contract was concluded on January 28th in Campulung, Romania. Cross Lander President, Mr. Julio Albertoni and Senior Executive Vice President Mr. John Perez declared that the plant in Manaus would open for production in 2002 and expected to reach the capacity or 12,000 vehicles annually, within 2 years.

Mr. Albertoni is the second largest shareholder of KIA Motors Brazil and is also the largest manufacturer of Bayliner Boats outside the U.S. Cross Lander vehicles will be available in 3 versions: a 4 door utility vehicle, a 4 door pickup truck and a cab & chassis, all Cross Lander vehicles will be powered by Navistar / International 2.8 liter intercooled turbo diesels with Eaton Transmissions, Pirelli tires and other Brazilian components which will make the new Cross Lander very competitive on the world market. Cross Lander will be distributed in Brazil by Cross Lander Industria e Comercio and outside Brazil by its sister company, Lacaro Auto Distributors based in Miami, Florida. Lacaro presently has dealers in the United States, Central, South America and the Caribbean. The new Cross Lander is expected to be launched in July of this year.
    Cross Lander U.S.A. Introduces The New Cross Lander 4x4!

The 2003 Cross Lander 244 models is in production in Manaus, Brazil. The Cross Lander plant in Manaus is to produce over 12,000 vehicles per year. So... It's Time to see your Cross Lander Dealer Now!

The new Cross Lander vehicle competes a niche off road SUV segment of the market. A spokesman for Cross Lander U.S.A. in Miami said, "The Cross Lander is in a class of its own. The only thing we can compare it to is the Land Rover Discovery and the Hummer, and we are excited about being able to provide such a rugged, durable and affordable line of vehicles to the American public."

The first Cross Lander model to be introduced is the 244. The 244 is a full sized, four-door, Multi Purpose Utility Vehicle that boasts a 2.8 liter Inter-cooled Turbo Diesel with 135 hp and 335 lbs. of torque. The Cross Lander chassis and frame is made of thick steel to withstand the harshest of off road environments. All Cross Lander vehicles will come with standard four-wheel drive, 5-speed manual transmission and a 3 year 36,000 mile limited warranty and will sell for under $20,000, Manufactured Suggested Retail Price.

Cross Lander U.S.A. plans to sell Cross Lander vehicles in the U.S. by the first quarter of 2003 through 50 selected automotive dealers. Allocation for the United States is over 6,000 vehicles the first year. Cross Lander U.S.A. is currently appointing exclusive qualified dealers to sell the Cross Lander throughout the East, Southeast and the Mid-West.

click here to contact CROSSLANDER USA
    Cross Lander 244 Specifications
    Engine
    Aspiration Inter-cooled Turbo Diesel
    Displacement (cm3) 2785
    No. of Cylinders 4
    Bore & Stroke (mm) 93/102.5
    Compression Ratio 19.5:1
    Maximum Horsepower 132
    R.P.M. at Maximum Power 3800
    Maximum Torque (Nm) 355
    Transmission
    Wheel Drive Permanent 2x4 rear/part time 4x4
    Gear Box Make Eaton
    Type FSO-2405-D
    No. of Gears 5 + 1 Synchronized
    Ratio of Gears 4.473; 2.458; 1.472; 1.000; 0.809; reverse 3.795
    Transfer Box Make Cross Lander
    Clutch Hydraulic control
    Suspension
    Front Axle Coil springs & shock absorbers
    Rear Axle Leaf springs & shock absorbers
    Differential Symmetrical Ratio 3.18
    Brakes: Hydraulic Dual circuit, power assisted
    Front Ventilated Disc
    Rear Drum
    Power Steering Hydraulic Power Assisted
    Wheels: Rims 7JJX15CH
    Tires 235/75 R15
    Electrical System
    Alternator 850 Watts / 85 Amp.
    Battery 12V, 2x66 Ah
    Performance
    Maximum Speed 90 MPH
    Turning radius 36 feet
    Maximum Slope 40 degrees
    Fuel Consumption 23.4 MPG @65 MPH
    Towing Capacity
    Trailer with Brake 5,799 lbs.
    Trailer without Brake 1,653 lbs.
    Dimensions
    Length 166.3 Inches
    Width 72.2 Inches
    Height 72.9 Inches
    Wheel Base 92.5 Inches
    Ground Clearance 7.8 Inches
    wherever we go we bring monkey with us

I like the retro look! and
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Right on, HArv! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    At least I'm housebroken.