Thread: Where to Demo A Mud Rig

Default Where to Demo A Mud Rig

I live in Augusta, Ga. and the lake here is getting lower and lower. I have a trition duck boat now but am to worried about the conditions we are facing in the lake and river with stumps sandbars and debris surfacing with the levels dropping. I'm contemplating on buying a mud rig but want to test several before making a decision. Seeking advice on who to contact with various dealers and makes and models Ex. Gator Trax, Go Devil, Mud Buddy, and Pro Drive. If anyone has any info Ex. dealers / locations / tel. #'s would be great.
    Also for the first mud rig is it better to go new / used? Thanks in advance for the advice guys.

i would recommend driving as many as you can and buying somthing a little bigger than you think you need. I bought a used longtail on a 542 war eagle last year and ended up selling it and buying a new 1648 GD boat and 27hp GD surface drive. I am tickled pink with my rig. It is perfect for me. I have several buddies with GD's and several with MB's. I personally have never driven or rode in a PD. Drive em and ask alot of questions so you can have a better chance of getting what you want. If you are driving in alot of stumps etc, i would lean toward a MB or GD as they are a little more balanced and easier to lift off stumps. PD's from what I understand, are alot easier to drive and are weighted back to help them dig in the nasty stuff. Dealers on here are as follows: Trashduck=MudBuddy, Nab=GoDevil, DirtyDuck=Prodrive. PM one of them and i'm sure they will be more than happy to let you try one out.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I live in Rock Hill, SC just south of Charlotte. If you make it up this way I'll be happy to run you around in mine. I have a 16/44 Gator Trax with the huntdeck and a Mud Buddy 35 hyperdrive. If you can't get up here, I can maybe meet you on Lake Murry and we ride around down there. I'll be around the Santee lakes this weekend also if you can make it over there. That would be the best area, as there is more grass, mud and stumps around there.

Nab and Trashduck on this site are both dealers.
    Your riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

if you want to drive a GD or a MB Mini, and if you are ever around santee, give me a shout. I have the GD and my buddy has the mini.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Trashduck, aka Kevin 843-412-5537
    80-20 Genaration

I'm the local GD dealer here in SC - let me know the boat/motor you're thinking about and I'll be glad to run over to Augusta and take you for a demo - I heard it is being built up, but we used to goose/teal hunt over at Deep Step for a few yrs - just let me know what to bring and where/when you want to go for the demo.
    Thank,
    Nab.
    803 707 4803
    I always thought a website was a selling tool, not a product repair manual!

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    I'm the local GD dealer here in SC - let me know the boat/motor you're thinking about and I'll be glad to run over to Augusta and take you for a demo - I heard it is being built up, but we used to goose/teal hunt over at Deep Step for a few yrs - just let me know what to bring and where/when you want to go for the demo.
    Thank,
    Nab.
    803 707 4803

That's what I like to call , good service.
    Last edited by dcmbsc; 09-27-2008 at 04:16 PM.
    "Pass it on in the name of Conservation"-Tracy Byrd

just click on the banner I'm sure we can get you hooked up.
    "Sometimes nothin' is a pretty cool hand" Cool Hand Luke

Nab....That is better than 1-800-dominos......Service with a smile! You are the man!!!!!!!!
    student and child prodigy of the "Professor's" duckology!

backwaters, we have had several deals happen in augusta. Give me a call and lets set up the best ride you'll get. But please try all the other ones first then give us a call you won't be disapointed. 803-320-0782 scott walker
    "Sometimes nothin' is a pretty cool hand" Cool Hand Luke