Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12 footer

DUCK MASTER is offline Professional Waterfowl Exterminator

To all you fellas that think 16 or 18 shots is too many, I don't give a flying crap. Like Pbiz said I will shoot until the giant lizard aint movin no more. Some of you guys complaining aint messed with a gator that size, and probably never will. This was our first gator and a lot of adrenalin and nerves were going on. We knew were we were supposed to shoot. We probably killed him on the 3rd or 4th shot. The other 12 or 13 was for our safety. The 11.5fter was only shot twice. The first shot killed it, and the second shot was for our safety. If you don't like it you can keep on posting and whining, but we don't care. We are going tonight and if we kill one we will shoot it 20 times just for you guys.

Here you go fellas. I present this award to you for doing such a wonderful job. Keep up the good work.
    If it ain't broke it ain't mine!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    A well placed round, out of a bangstick, with just about any caliber will do the job.

These assholes are making us look bad....kinda like those guys on WIS that shot theirs 16 times....morons!
    Why don't you ask him for yourself why they shot it 16 times....
    http://www.scducks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27970

Damn, LOL, I guess I shouldn't have taken so long looking up the thread....

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Shoot it till it dies or you're out of bullets. Then get to whoopin it with something. If you want the hide shots count, if not and you got bullets that need shootin, shoot em
    You can grow up to be just like me....

not saying not to shoot it till it's dead. just don't tell the media you did so, that just give all them tree huggers and goat f#$ker something to fuss about.

DUCK MASTER is offline Professional Waterfowl Exterminator

I understand but i wouldn't thinking about all them treehuggers. Maybe they will open a season on them
    If it ain't broke it ain't mine!

Quote Originally Posted by DUCK MASTER View Post
    To all you fellas that think 16 or 18 shots is too many, I don't give a flying crap. This was our first gator and a lot of adrenalin and nerves were going on. We knew were we were supposed to shoot.
    Now hold on a damn minute, you said in your post about y'alls hunt that y'all shot him between the eyes. That is NOT where you are supposed to shoot them at! If you would of read the DNR handbook on pages 11 & 12, you would've seen and read the accurate shot placement. A gators skull between the eyes on one like yours is at least an inch thick. I'm willing to bet that y'all weren't shooting him at point blank, and the bullets weren't doing shit for penetration. My 10'8 gator went out with a .357 bullet placed at the base of the skull through the spine, just like the handbook said to. I also shot mine at point blank. The same as a bangstick would've been. I had a lot of advice from Phil Walters down in Florida, who is one of the top gator guides in the state, and all he uses is a .357 bangstick. 16 shots is ridiculous, and so is 18. I'm glad that y'all got a monster, but going on tv saying you shot it 16 times is stupid. All that does is give fuel to the anti-hunters, and make the rest of us who do it right look bad. I don't understand why you're giving us the asshole award, when you are the ignorant ass who can't pick up the DNR book and read it. I think you're just jealous that someone shot a gator more times than you.

I'm thinkin' of getting a bangstick for next year... This is fun enough that I wanna do it some mo', even though time has run out on me filling my tag this year.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I honestly never realized the amount of shots placed in a dangerous animal was ever fuel for anti's. Is this a fact that is known to be true or are we just assuming. If anyone asked me why I shot a gator 18 times I would tell em because I had only brought 2 clips. I'll bet some of yall got to throw your bullets away when they get to old to shoot reliably because you only need one for everything you put down. Hell, I'll bet yall can get your limit of doves on 12 shells as well.

you must not watch the news???if you did you would've herd all the complaints after this story aired

sorry, dont look at news tv.....Hurricane Katrina coverage cured me of that.

whats the difference between 1 safe shot and 16 safe shots?

theres a difference between being safe and pandering to the pussy public.
    (yall like that alliteration?)

Many of yall would argue with a stump.

and lose.
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    whats the difference between 1 safe shot and 16 safe shots?
    15 bangs.
    Your riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

many of gators have fallen victim to a decent placed round from a .22 mag....... kno dat
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.