Thread: It'll Do

Default It'll Do

Went out last night, despite the 70 percent chance of rain. Put in at Lowfalls and headed to Sparkleberry. As soon we got the boat off of the trailer, the rain started. I forgot my raingear at the house, so the ride there was pretty much miserable. The rain illuminated from the spotlight, so spotting one from a distance was the challenge. We managed to ride right up on a 8ft'er but decided he wasn't our target. We rode around a little more and it quit raining. Within 5 mins of the rain quitting, we spotted one in about 3ft of water. We fired the go devil up and managed to get right on top it and we didnt think that he was all that big so my crazy friend grabbed my catch stick and poked it on the bottom. This gator did not like the feel of an aluminum pole touching his back so she let us know by swimming off and shaking the boat around almost knocking my friend off the bow. She then came to the surface about 7 yards beside the boat. I was holding the spotlight because we thought it was only a 6 or 7 footer, but when he came up, i handed the light off and raised my bow. By the time i got it drawn back, he was already sitting on the bottom. (i wasn't going to say this part, but here goes) I then shot blindly at where he was and missed. Yeh i missed. But i then rigged the back up and we chased him down and i made a pefect shot right behind the head and clipped the bottom of the spine. I threw out the float and rigged up another arrow. My arrow never pulled out of the tip so we followed the shaft around. I managed to get a second arrow in her side. She didnt do a whole lot of fighting, and we got her to the boat, she had simultaneus .40 and a .38 cal shots waiting on her. Two shots did her in. Upon cleaning, we found glass and rocks in her stomach. I was wanting to step up to DuckMaster's high bar that he set with their first one, but this one will eat much better. Had a blast and cant wait until next year!!!

whoops i didnt mean to post this here in the habitat forum
    ...it was a late nite