Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leveling Kit or lift Kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Ducks Unlimited View Post
    im just learning how to post pics but both of these are 36's with just the bars cranked

This is 35's with the truck lowered 2 inches in the back and untouched bars.
    Ok so they fit but I don't see how they don't when turning or at any measurable flex. Could you get some pics of it turned showing the clearance? I'm not asking to be an a$$, I'm asking to see if it might be something I would consider for my truck.

PS - I don't think BFG makes a 36" MT if those are BFGs on the reg cab.......could be wrong.........
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

BFG's are the #1 tire for blow outs just an FYI

no the regular has 36" super swamper tsl's and i never said they had tons of clearance but you trim and they will fit

Quote Originally Posted by nitrochicken View Post

36's with bars turned up......
    I don't think those trucks have bars.

BPPD: Those aren't mine. this is mine:

Here's one of mine (305's) and my friends (35" toyo's):

Both have ford keys and new shocks.
    Last edited by Ducks Unlimited; 10-01-2008 at 05:45 PM.

you trim and they will fit
    Exactly what i thought, we were talking about trucks with stock rims and ONLY the torsion bars cranked. No other mods what so ever, and regular cabs and and the 03+ body style doesn't count either, the main truck in question is the 99-02 body style.

Those trucks look fairly good, wouldn't do it to my truck, but hey they aren't mine.

Still waiting on some relevant proof.
    Last edited by cusportsman; 10-01-2008 at 09:27 PM.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

SCTIMBER Coots

To simplify this argument. If you are going to rum 285's on a set of stock rims just turn up the torsion bars a few cranks.

*DO NOT TURN UP ALL THE WAY*

If you do you will be asking for trouble later on.

You will not need a lift kit or leveling kit to ride on a set of 285's on stock rims. My personal preference is to save the money that you would spend on lift kits and 315's and get a winch. Larger tires will screw up your gas mileage and ride. Just my .02

I really don't see what yall thing the big deal about trimming is, it's rally not the end of the world.

Tires are gonna fit the same on a 99-02 as the do on a 03-06.

I don't think those trucks have bars.

BPPD: Those aren't mine. this is mine:

Here's one of mine (305's) and my friends (35" toyo's):

Both have ford keys and new shocks.
    I'm not a chevy guy, but that truck looks good. Good thing about torsion bar trucks is a cheap way to get an inch or two. Although cranking torsion bars will cause some problems but most people will sell the truck before it happens.
    Big Poppa Panty Dropper

you can run 315's on stock rims with just the t bars cranked or new keys.
    Not saying that there is anything wrong with trimming some, the discussion was about 315s on stock rims with JUST the torsion bars cranked or new keys, just like you stated on the first page of this thread.

Again, I believe it can be done with some other modifications such as trimming, adjusting the steering, etc. But they are going to rub if you take a completely stock truck and put 315s on it and crank the torsion bars or put ford keys in there.

It's not all about running the biggest tires on your truck. The tires on my truck rub on the control arms because of the stock wheels making them tuck in the wheel well. I know what all can be done to eliminate that, but for now I will live with them scrubbing at full lock.

Unless you have something else to talk about, I'm done debating with a 15 year old
    Last edited by cusportsman; 10-02-2008 at 07:50 AM.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

I really don't see what yall thing the big deal about trimming is, it's rally not the end of the world.

Tires are gonna fit the same on a 99-02 as the do on a 03-06.
    Do you pay for your vechicle? I'll tell you why trimming bothers me. If I wanted to cut up my truck I'd just trimmed up that several thousand check I wrote for my vechicle. I don't know how old you are but I get the feeling that you don't have to pay for much of your stuff when it comes to your vechicle.........just a guess.

I'm with SCTimber on this topic. Fit the tires that fit the best with MINIMAL stock modification. If you want to go bigger, be smart about it and get a lift.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

I've got an 02 with 285's and ford keys and have no issues at all.
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUN LAB View Post
    BFG's are the #1 tire for blow outs just an FYI

where did you get that information from? never heard that one before.

when I was rock crawling jeeps bfg was one of the only tires with a 3 ply sidewall. we wheeled the shit out of them at 5-7lbs of pressure all day. we would air up at the end of the ride and hit the highway.

I have been running them for over 25 years w/o a single defect. I did shred a few @ 5lbs, lockers front and rear, 4.88's and over 225hp but it was no fault of the tire. my buddy ran a NTB in Tn and we could get road hazard on 35's.

on another note- anybody got pics of a 2007/2008 chevy 1500 with a mild lift or leveling kit?

Let it rub it aint gone hurt nothin! ive got 36 tsl swampers w a 3 inch body on a 01 z71! stuff um under it and let r' eat!
    Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    I dunno, but being a good duck hunter and shooting woodducks have nothing in common.

You know any real good dove hunters?

Fun as hell, but.....

What is the deal on leveling out 07-08 1500 GMC?