Thread: September 15

Default September 15

First off, I haven't really seen a report on here in a while. I can't hunt b/c i'm up here in Clemson, so I rely on everyone else to provide me with my "virtual" hunting experience. Extreme detail is needed.

Secondly, today is the 15th. Doe season is in. Let's start seeing some slick heads on here.

Good luck
    Last edited by richardp17; 09-15-2008 at 11:23 AM.
    Richard

I want to see some upstate bow kills!!! I cant go until wednesday and I'm bout to go crazy.

Wish I could show you mine, but I got skunked this AM. Keeping up with traditions- third season in a row I saw zip on opening morning. That big ole moon and my having forgotten the Thermacell in the truck (blowing and swatting every few minutes) didn't help matters.
    Carolina Counsel

A friend of mine got busted drawing on one this AM then helped out conservation by sticking a yote @ 9.

I could have busted 3 does, had a total of 6 come with-in 13 yds, but only 3 were over 100 lbs. Too bad it was LAST Night.
    Last edited by Scatters; 09-15-2008 at 01:37 PM.
    May the wind be to your back and the Ducks in yo face.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by richardp17 View Post
    First off, I haven't really seen a report on here in a while. I can't hunt b/c i'm up here in Clemson, so I rely on everyone else to provide me with my "virtual" hunting experience. Extreme detail is needed.

Secondly, today is the 15th. Doe season is in. Let's start seeing some slick heads on here.

Good luck

there is PLENTY od public land to hunt up here richard
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I've actually take a look at a few maps up here. I also have some family on the other side of anderson, in belton, that have some land that I can hunt on. The only problem, is that I'm pledging this semester . being a bitch doesn't give me a whole lot of free time. I can't wait for fall and thanksgiving break. The deer in charleston better watch out, b/c i'll be in the woods for 72 hours straight.
    Richard

Default belton

i hunt in belton ...what your families name?

September 15 sucked for me..poured rain and lightening ran me out of the stand over in Dillon County..rain was okay, but once the flashes and booms came about the same time i decided i could wait until tomorrow..

I finally got one tonight. I had 2 fawns on the corn at 6:00 and they ate for about 20 minutes. They then walked right under my stand behind me. Then I heard some grunting behind me and I decided to take a look. 3 deer within 45 yards. I noticed the first one was a really nice doe so I took her out at about 25 yards with my 270. Needless to say she did not go very far. The other 2 deer consisted of one average doe and a nice 6 point. I could've shot either one but I decided to let it wait for a little while longer. That doe is going down tomorrow if I see her. The buck will be around for another couple of years hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by huntboykins801 View Post
    i hunt in belton ...what your families name?
    Most of my family are the Blakes, and one of my cousins married a Gilreath. Also, the Rices. Anything ring a bell?
    Richard

killed a 165 lb 8 point in florence yesterday afternoon. no pictures except for on a disposable camera that has 17 pictures left on it ...

nah im a Ducworth...My dad is a landscaper and knows some Rices and i have heard of some Gilreaths...I hunted in Belton yesterday but no luck...Gonna try again today

Good luck boykin. Let us know how you did.
    Richard

There isn't anyone posting bow kills because fuel prices are to high to go anywhere. I was suppose to hunt yesterday afternoon and this morning but cancelled my plans due to I cant afford to drive down as far as I was going. Just couldn't justify it. I love bow hunting but got to keep enough diesel in the truck to get back and fourth to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Lazy is not a virtue of a duck hunter.

well richard the second day was a success...This is my first bow kill...Got her in Belton 120 lbs.
    Last edited by huntboykins801; 09-17-2008 at 10:09 PM.

SCTIMBER Coots

9/17/08 ...Mid afternoon... beanfield...Dillon Co...no deer

Nice shot boykin. I didn't realize that it's better to try and paralyze them than kill them. haha way to go though. I would love to have been out there. Lucky bastard.

Hagen, atta boy. Sounds like a good buck. How wide was he?
    Richard