Thread: Boat Modifications

Default Boat Modifications

so im gonna be putting a front deck on my 14ft alumacraft. does anyone have any pictures of modifications they have done to their boat? and what kind of support structure do you use when building a front deck?

I haven't built one, but I will caution you to make sure you don't put more structure than you can float. Had a buddy that sunk his bowfishing rig like that. Well, actually had to much room for too many people and nosed into a wave and never came out of it. But with a 14 ft. boat, you can quickly overload the front and make for a dangerous ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

this is what i did to mine... i just got some small 1x1 angle iron.... put them across the boat about every 2 foot.... and screwed some diamond plate to it...... if you wanna go cheaper put some 1/2 inch treated plywood on it and paint it....... i would not suggest expanded metal, it will rust and is more flexible so you will have to put more braces....

let me know if you want some more pics and i can get them for you friday...

Go to Tinboats.net Lots of good info there.