Thread: opening day

so how did ever one do, didnt get the geese this morning but Drake and i had a good afternoon of dove hunting.he finally got his first dove or 6 the sixth one he claimed cause he had to wrings it neck for me. and the last pic is the new pup and sister playing

thanks Buckshot really enjoyed it and davis remember what i said my girl said about the pup, cause she will come and find you

Had a great hunt. Limited out and then started on eveyone elses limits.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

one dove, had doves in the field all week, but didnt see but one today and smoked it, but i did have a good time hanging with my dad looking at empty skies.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Great Job B! Way to go Drake!

step dad and i ended up going on my cousins work hunt.... we ended up with 16.... i got 9 he got 7.. there were only 175 ppl hunting .. lol

sounds like ya'll had a good day. Sat in the hot and shot once at a dove that needed a 31/2 turkey load but wanted to shoot at least once, but it was a little out of range for the sweet sixteen. Puppy about monkied, just laid in the shade and drank water waiting for daddy to see a dove
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Awesome day!!

Watched my oldest get 5 on his own. He ran out of shells or he would've shot more.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Our field was in the best shape it has been in for a few years, but we haven't had the concentration of doves I would have expected. Not sure if that has been due to the high temps limiting the migration or early cutting of corn scattering birds more than normal.

In any event, we had a hunt with a smaller than usual guest list. The boys and I managed to scratch out limits and give the dogs some retrieving work.

Two items of note:

1. There was what appeared to be a partial albino dove around the field which several of us saw, but which no one shot.

2. As far as we know, we didn't lose a single cripple all afternoon. I can't ever remember a dove hunt where somebody didn't lose at least a bird or two that glided off into the woods.
    That the Tiger's roar may echo.....

Had one of the quickest dove hunts ever. 30 hunters all but one had a limit by 2:30. The one only killed 3 birds in about ten boxes. After limits were reached beer was drunk, alot of beer.
    and ate chicken wings till dark. dog was happy and tired. damn what a jam up hunt.
    The best time to do something is between yesterday and tomorrow

We got about 20 between 3 people. Did not have enough people to really keep them flying.
    \"Will Rogers Never Met a Gamecock.\"

We had a good hunt. We figured up that we killed around 100 with about 20 people. Would have been better if it hadn't been cloudy all day because we had birds feeding at noon. A lot of the birds were coming in after we had cleared out of the field.

Got to try to find somewhere to blast during the week....
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

We picked up 177 .Most of the adults limited out,but some of the kids & one slightly balding adult had a hard time.(Candor,care to elaborate? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )I cant say too much,i barely scratched out a limit by cut off time of 5:00.But we did eat good.
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.

Avg'd about 5/gun.

This is my 8yr. old. Who says girls are squeamish???? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Love that pic, Simple. :thumb:2
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.