Thread: Peanuts ---> Deer ---> ???

SCTIMBER Coots

Default Peanuts ---> Deer ---> ???

Do deer eat the tops out of plants, dig for the peanuts, or a combination of both?

I have no experience hunting over peanuts, but local guy here just got a big contract this year and switched from tobacco to peanuts. Might be able to score me a hunt and they will likely be planted here on the farm next year.

I was told one time that peanuts cannot be planted in the same place again for a three year period. I assume nematodes are major problem, any truth to this?

Three years is the earliest rotation, it helps on the nematodes, but the main reason is virus and fungus that pnuts leave in the soil. As far as deer, I have never had any luck over a pnut field, but you will love the late season dove hunts.

Camo's deer must be stupid or haven't gotten the memo...they LOVE peanuts, tops, tubers, they eat it all

SCT....had 11 come out last night....half in the peas, the other half in the pea...nuts. They love 'em. (All females and yearlings, BTW)

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I know for a fact that turkeys love peanuts. Don't know about deer but from what Shroomless and Idle said it sounds like they like'em too.

Shroomless,
    Do the deer prefer them green, roasted or boiled?
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Boilt, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Camo's deer must be stupid or haven't gotten the memo...they LOVE peanuts, tops, tubers, they eat it all
    Exactly............

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I Live Around Lake Marion And We Have 6 Soy Bean Fields And 3 Peanut Feels And There Are Only A Couple Of Does Using The Beans. All My Pictures Of Big Bucks And Riding And Seeing Deer Are On Peanuts. We Have Seen As Many As A 150 Deer In One Peanut Field. All The Feels Are Within A Half A Mile Or Less Of Each Other Also. I Say That Deer Love Peanuts More Than Beans After This Year. I Believe The Boys From Elloree Will Agree With Me.
    If the Indians had guns we would not be here!!!

DUCK MASTER is offline Professional Waterfowl Exterminator

I concur on the peanuts. Peanuts are deer cocaine!
    If it ain't broke it ain't mine!