Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: question on hunting w/dogs

Quote Originally Posted by cusportsman View Post
    never been on a drive, anyone want to take me on a dog drive? i'd like to experience it at least once in my lifetime
    wont be no once to it...once you here a good race you will be hooked for life.

Jacksonville Fl (Beaufort SC on the weekends)

Originally Posted by ccleroy
    Musta hit the button quick......never got a chance to see it in between refreshing pages............

I can read deleted post
    I agreed via Pm with ccleroy to stop egging you asshole on and to agree to disagree.... but if you want to post it back up have at it big boy..... I didn't say anyhting in there i don't stand behind and i didn't say anthing i didn't say to ccleroy in a PM!!! Knock yourself out
    Proudly owned by "SHR A hunters dream of Westwind"

****Hunting is a form of dog training but not the first wave of it. *****

hush...

children should be seen, not heard

you said earlier you were going away

well?
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

and fishwhistle, it is spelled tract, not track. unless of course you were talking greyhounds, trains, or being right on...

just for future reference. this correction may really help you out someday.

seriously.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Try 300 yds
    to be exact 811' but Greeny I understand what you are going through but trust me you will have more deer using your property in Oct. I promise. However if you feel like the hunters are trespassing or intentionally sending dogs your way. Then aforementioned conversation with the rouges Pres needs to happen, if that doesn't "fix" the problem by all means call DNR it’s your right. BTW from your first post you haven't even had problems yet atleast give the POS DOG Hunters a chance to ruin your hunt before you start the WAR.
    Last edited by SuperSwamp Fox; 08-20-2008 at 10:02 PM.
    Doin' what I do best! STRAIGHT KILLIN'

2010 SCDucks Deer Champion
    2010 SCDucks Turkey Champion
    2007,2008,2009, 2010 NBK Deer Killin' Champion

well we had some problems with people running their dogs thorugh our land and sitting on the other side, waiting for the deer. It wasn't bad sometimes as we sat there and waited on the deer like we were part of the drive. However, on several occasions, i would go to my stand and run into them in there looking for dogs. Once the guy was sitting under my ladd er stand in a toyota with hank blairing and hollering. Well we had a few words and i told him he could get his dogs and get the hell out or i'd call the DNR. I have nothing against dog hunting, in fact i love it. Would love to go with some of you. I just hate a trespasser. Pisses me off aboutas much as a rubberhead setting up 100 yds from you at 6 am. I say shoot the dumbass not the dog. Dogs can't read no tresspassing signs last i checked
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by huntchessies View Post
    I agreed via Pm with ccleroy to stop egging you asshole on and to agree to disagree.... but if you want to post it back up have at it big boy..... I didn't say anyhting in there i don't stand behind and i didn't say anthing i didn't say to ccleroy in a PM!!! Knock yourself out

And I didnt say anything I didnt mean in the reply PM!!!!!!!!

See I can use exclamation points also!!!!!!!!!

Yankee!!!!!!!!!!

LOL......

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by huntchessies View Post
    I didn't say anyhting in there i don't stand behind and i didn't say anthing i didn't say to ccleroy in a PM!!! Knock yourself out
    Talking shit about us South Carolina folk.......... What does that have to do with this thread?
    More fuel = more boost!!

I have several passions in life, one of which is hunting. My Father did not hunt, so it skipped a generation. When I was in my twenties I started hunting. I was fortunate enough to be taught by two friends. I will be eternally grateful to them. I have been on dog drives and have still hunted.
    The South is changing, more specifically, our state is changing. More and more people from off are moving here. This is causing a clash of cultures. I would like to cite one of these individuals who having "outed" himself to us illustrates my point perfectly. Our very own Huntchessies stated "...I'm done with this thread becuase as usuall most of you people are impossible to have a conversation with..... close minded and stuck on something that didn't even happen in your grandfathers time let alone yours!!!! GET OVER IT............"
    This leads me to my next point. I'm accepting of dog hunters specifically. Generally speaking, I don't care for them. The reason for this is that most of my dealings with them have been less than enjoyable. For example,when I see a 12 year old CHILD on top of a dog box in the back of a truck on the side of the road wielding a shotgun without the benefit of adult supervision, it makes me nervous. How do you think that this makes these carpetbaggers feel?
    These people are moving here in DROVES. They BUY property and they vote. They move into rural and semi-rural areas. We as hunters are going to have to deal with it. There are some outstanding, decent, ethical sportsmen who dog drive and go to great lengths to be proper stewards of the land and ambassadors of their pastime. Sadly, they are not generally the public face of dog drivers. There are way too many who give it a bad name. These individuals are going to ruin it for everybody else.
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post

just for future reference. this correction may really help you out someday.

seriously.
    Thanks, Gene. I'll keep that in mind...or perhaps I'll remind myself of the fact that I'm not exactly a spelling B champion and get over it.

Couple of things.

Orinally posted by CAJUN LAB - "Dude do you not understand that you will see more deer when they start running dogs. Ans another thing its a freaking deer a souped up goat stop bitching and start killing deer when they run across your land, or can you not shoot that good?"

Basically, what you're saying here CL is that this guy should conceed to the will of others as to how he can utilize his property. I think you're missing the bigger picture.

And lastly, DixieDipShit, you don't have to be an expert to know when someone or something is out of line. And you would know this if you'd been raised proper. As a result of poor rearing, you've turned out to be a thoughtless punk in every sense of the word.
    Last edited by Fish; 08-21-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Orinally posted by CAJUN LAB - "Dude do you not understand that you will see more deer when they start running dogs. Ans another thing its a freaking deer a souped up goat stop bitching and start killing deer when they run across your land, or can you not shoot that good?"

Basically, what you're saying here CL is that this guy should conceed to the will of others as to how he can utilize his property. I think you're missing the bigger picture.
    No Sir I'm saying he could utilize the dogs to his advantage in seeing more deer once they go nocturnal and we all know that this will happen it does every year. Thank you and play again.

I wonder if the constant running of the hounds has anything to do with the deer going nocturnal?

I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

Quote Originally Posted by NUTZ View Post
    I wonder if the constant running of the hounds has anything to do with the deer going nocturnal?
    Nah running dogs makes move! Know Dat!

No no. Clearly your motive in that post was to demonstrat to the property owner that he will be best served by bending his wants around the dog hunting circumstance. I give you credit for being original here, but that was nothing more than a side door attempt to convince the guy that dogs on his property is actually a good thing. I can't speak for him, but if it were my property and you tried to use that tact with me you'd find that door locked too.

It's always the same with doggers. They try to convince property owners their way is best, they sneak around and turn dogs out on private property or they skirt around the subject by being passive aggressive. And when all else fails, they turn the dogs out anyway.

Tresspassers all of you. And that's the final word on this subject.

I say leave it alone - I own land and hunted both ways - can see both sides.
    The bottom line is this; know that if everyone keeps bitchen' and calling green jeans
    laws will be made to address said problems. JUST WTF WE NEED MORE LAWS AND MORE GOVERNMENT. Resolve your own issues with the adjoining landowner
    unless you want suits telling you what you can and can't do with your ground.

Please tell us more about this make-believe world you live in, tkohn.
    Last edited by Fish; 08-21-2008 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Improper use of a question mark

Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

So you are for more laws and government?
    The only thing make believe about my world is I wish for more money, p%ssy and land. ? but can you ever get enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    No no. Clearly your motive in that post was to demonstrat to the property owner that he will be best served by bending his wants around the dog hunting circumstance. I give you credit for being original here, but that was nothing more than a side door attempt to convince the guy that dogs on his property is actually a good thing. I can't speak for him, but if it were my property and you tried to use that tact with me you'd find that door locked
    No fishstick I could give a shit less as to what he does. I was just trying to give him some advise on how he could use the dogs to his advantage.:fag:

Quote Originally Posted by greencows00 View Post
    ok i dont dog drive, dont care for it.. found out today that a group next to our land is going to dog drive... now these dogs are going to be on our land.. what legal aspects do we have to keep the hunters off our land? id like to keep the dogs off too... hate a hunt being ruined because of a dog drive. new posted signs will be in place this weekend .. like that keeps most dog hunters off anything..
    the problem with this entire thread is nobody has even caused a problem yet this Dingleberry is trying to load up for something that may never come to fruition
    Doin' what I do best! STRAIGHT KILLIN'

2010 SCDucks Deer Champion
    2010 SCDucks Turkey Champion
    2007,2008,2009, 2010 NBK Deer Killin' Champion