Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: question on hunting w/dogs

Quote Originally Posted by huntchessies View Post
    If you actually put any effort into really reading my post ....
    This sums you up.

dog's runing deer get "eaten by gators" all the time...... WINK WINK.... I'm one of those darn yankee transplants you all hate so much and back home in michigan if we see a dog runing deer it's expected that the dog is shot first.
    ps,

I can kill more deer and ducks than you, and my dick is way bigger.

pss,

The Big Ten blows.
    Last edited by PBiz; 08-20-2008 at 07:28 AM.
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Strap it up boy its about to get nasty

I'm done with this thread becuase as usuall most of you people are impossible to have a conversation with..... close minded and stuck on something that didn't even happen in your grandfathers time let alone yours!!!! GET OVER IT............
    Ruuunnn.....Forest..................Ruuuuuuuunnnnn nnnnnnnnnn.........

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

back to original question- why dont you invite the dog hunters to run you property 1 weekend during the season??? You will get the benefit of hunting "your" deer with dogs(which can be very exciting and fun), and they will(or at least should) respect you and your property more and may try harder to keep their dogs off your property. I used to be in a couple of clubs in the lower state that did this. it seemed to work well. One time they ran our club, it sounded like a dove shoot- deer was running everywhere.

i also had dogs run the biggest deer ive ever seen to me. (and he's probly still running cause i cant hit shit) remember, its 'hunting'. try to work something out so you can relax and have fun.(thats the point, rite??)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    back to original question- why dont you invite the dog hunters to run you property 1 weekend during the season??? You will get the benefit of hunting "your" deer with dogs(which can be very exciting and fun), and they will(or at least should) respect you and your property more and may try harder to keep their dogs off your property. I used to be in a couple of clubs in the lower state that did this. it seemed to work well. One time they ran our club, it sounded like a dove shoot- deer was running everywhere.
    He isn't that smart Sheep. He also doesnt understand that if he will just sit in his stand he will see and kill more deer, and stop being puffed like a damn bullfrog sitting on a roten log.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    We do the same thing.........we get with all the neighboring property owners and try to have one combined hunt a year........it helps alot more than being just a jackass that rides by real slow when youre on the side the roads creeping and staring not even saying word...........btw huntchessies.........with an attitude like that you might want to tote around an ass brace w/ ya cause it wont be long and you'll get ur's broke..........

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

greenscow---before you go posting every tree on the border, it really does make sense to meet with your neighbors and express your concerns. let them know you are interested in keeping the dogs off your property. at the very least, you could ask them to alert you to days they are running. that way, you can shoot the deer in front of the dogs and be there to stop them.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

and, yeah its one thing to shoot some stray sooner, but dont shoot nobodys hunting dog. the dog is just doing its job.

Personally I think dogs for deer hunting is a joke, no skill involved, little work, and causes more problems than anything else. BUT i also think if it's legal and done with respect it needs to be preserved.
    You then go on to say, a few quotes down, that you've participated a few times. So, you're a moron w/ no skill and have only caused a few problems. HOWEVER, it is legal, so please continue to allow me to be a moron w/ zero skill and I will only cause a few headaches, I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
    This argument will never end.
    'zactly! Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    I've been dog hunting for close to 20 years. Hopefully, I've got 20 more.
    Amen brother and fellow dog driver/hunter!

i have tried dog hunting a couple of times so i do know a little bit about what i'm talking about.
    Ok, here's that quote I was referring to a few lines back. I'm confused. You're either a moron w/ zippo in the department of dog hunting experience or you've been a couple of times and that makes you the leading expert on the art of the outdoor adventure of canine-deer hunting. Which is it? Nevermind, don't answer that, I won't be able to understand your response. Afterall, I do occasionally participate in dog drives....I must be retarded.

If I was a rich man... I'd put a fence up 5 feet inside my line. High enough stop a dog, low enough to not be a hindrance to a deer.

I don't shoot deer dogs. They are just doing what dogs do. I will say, however, that, in my opinion, any dog hunter that puts out his dogs with the EXPECTATION that they will cross onto my land, and intends to shoot any deer that the dogs jump on my land, is poaching by proxy.

If you have a small patch of land and put out Walkers, you KNOW they are gonna get onto your neighbors place. If your neighbor is still hunting, you have diminished the value of his experience and his use of his property - that may come up in court some day. That's about the same as taking a shit on your neighbors door step.

Dealing with less-than-ethical dog hunters is a burden many of us have shared.

But, again, many do it right. They just aren't the ones you hear about, cause they do it that way.
    Last edited by Swamp Rat; 08-20-2008 at 08:08 AM.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Dealing with less-than-ethical dog hunters is a burden many of us have shared.

But, again, many do it right. They just aren't the ones you hear about, cause they do it that way.
    Thank you SR

H'Chessie

Do us all a favor:

$29,900; 3 bedrooms; 2 baths; mobile home; 1360 sq ft; 7.7 acres +/-;
    Allegan (within city limits); Michigan.
    #SPURSUP

Only thing I would add is that if the dog hunters near you are pulling shit that you would NEVER do to another landowner, then "talking" with them is likely to be of little use. Talk to the landowner once very pleasantly... tell them your hunts are being ruined and if it happens again simply sue them. When they get a bill from their lawyer for 500-600 bucks the dog running will miraculously stop.

Typical.

Again, this topic is back on the blocks, and again, we've got a new crop of children who just don't get it. DixieDipShit, HighBallin-LookWho's12YearsOldNow, and PBiz, (who knows better) are defending something that is basically undefendable. You're in here trying to make generally erroneous points without even knowing that these same impotent points have been posed and rejected as truly stupid by concerned landowners, conscientious hunters and reasonable people for years.

Dog hunting is not permanent. It is not here for "our lifetime". Don't be so arrogant. Hunting in general is not permanent. But still, trying to say that it is bad for hunting in general for hunters at large to target this type of hunting for disposal is preposterous.

Let's walk through this evolution logically and truthfully, shall we...

1) Anyone who is willing to release a dog with the intent of running deer across or off of someone else's property is a poacher and further, they are tresspassing. Hence they are a tresspasser.

2) Everyone knows that tresspassers are scum. If you didn't, you do now.

3) And since the dogs are allowed to run free across property lines, this pretty much makes anyone who turns out dogs on a track that is not enclosed by a fence, a poacher. I'm sure there are exceptions, but they are rare and therefore not worthy of further discussion or acknowledgement.

And just for you DixieDownsSyndrome, one acre of land carries the same amount of property rights as 100,000 acres. A person has the right to enjoy peace on their property. This is one of the great parts about the United States. We have property rights here. It is one of the key differences that seperate us from many, many countries that suffer without these rights and protections. If you don't understand what I'm saying, or simply disagree with it because it is contrary to your interests, you're in for a tough lesson down the road. And hopefully, this lesson will come at a considerable cost to you.
    Last edited by Fish; 08-20-2008 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Typical.

Again, this topic is back on the blocks, and again, we've got a new crop of children who just don't get it. DixieDipShit, HighBallin-LookWho's12YearsOldNow, and PBiz, (who knows better) are defending something that is basically undefendable. You're in here trying to make generally erroneous points without even knowing that these same impotent points have been posed and rejected as truly stupid by concerned landowners, conscientious hunters and reasonable people for years.

Dog hunting is not permanent. It is not here for "our lifetime". Don't be so arrogant. Hunting in general is not permanent. But still, trying to say that it is bad for hunting in general for hunters at large to target this type of hunting for disposal is preposterous.

Let's walk through this evolution logically and truthfully, shall we...

1) Anyone who is willing to release a dog with the intent of running deer across or off of someone else's property is a poacher and further, they are tresspassing. Hence they are a tresspasser.

3) And since the dogs are allowed to run free across property lines, this pretty much makes anyone who turns out dogs on a track that is not enclosed by a fence, a poacher. I'm sure there are exceptions, but they are rare and therefore not worthy of further discussion or acknowledgement.

And just for you DixieDownsSyndrome, one acre of land carries the same amount of property rights as 100,000 acres. A person has the right to enjoy peace on their property. This is one of the great parts about the United States. We have property rights here. It is one of the key differences that seperate us from many, many countries that suffer without these rights and protections. If you don't understand what I'm saying, or simply disagree with it because it is contrary to your interests, you're in for a tough lesson down the road. And hopefully, this lesson will come at a considerable cost to you.

After reading this I feel almost as enlightened as I do after hearing an Obama speech! I know I am not as smart as you fish, but why don't you save these essay like rebuttals on word while typing them, and just post them each year and you will save yourself a lot of time.
    Last edited by Trail'nTree; 08-20-2008 at 10:32 AM.
    Originally posted by scfisherman143: "we mostly have woodies and teal but today we had workable big ducks allot of them ringnecks buffleheads redheads teal woodies it was amazing\"<br /><br />Another brilliant future duck hunter in the making

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post

I agree 100% on numbers 1 & 2.

However I find some things wrong with 3. Most dogs aren't allowed to run across property lines. Thats where "cutting the dogs off" comes into play. Every hunter, regardless of situation, has to be courteous and responsible for their actions.

I am willing to practice the same rules and or laws that Georgia Doghunters abide by.

As PBiz has already said we built a 1.75 mile fence that cost us about 5K to stop the conflict with an adjoining landowner. We are defiantly doing everything in our power to “play by the rules” and keep our neighbor happy. The Idea of dog hunting adversely affecting still hunting is a complete farce. On the one day of the week that the dog hunt actually takes place maybe, but dog hunting as a whole puts more deer on surrounding properties. I own a piece of property aprox 42 acres it is fairly close to a dog hunting club. For the last two years I have started my feeders in May after turkey season. My game camera proves that before the dog hunting starts I have 2-4 deer eating under the feeder all summer, however after dog hunting starts I have 10-15 deer eating under the same feeder. Most of the increase comes with horns. But I do believe as the Yankees take over and hunting lands get smaller the days of dog hunting are few. It will be a sad day for the Carolina Sportsmen when that happens.
    Doin' what I do best! STRAIGHT KILLIN'

2010 SCDucks Deer Champion
    2010 SCDucks Turkey Champion
    2007,2008,2009, 2010 NBK Deer Killin' Champion

Shit, I was half through reading that. Did it get deleted?

My post stung a little bit, didn't it puddin?

And don't even try to come in here and talk about cutting off a pack of Walkers down in the swamp BEFORE they cross the property line. That's a load of horse manuer. I've seen it, son. I've been there. I've chased a pack of Walkers for more than 10 miles across all description of property line.