Thread: New bow

Default New bow

I'm looking to get a new bow with a 31 in. draw, and was wondering what ya'll think is the best bow with a draw that long.

Thanks

Default Bowtech

I have a freaky long draw like you, and I shoot a Bowtech Commander. It really depends on what you want. The Commander is very long ATA, and not as fast as the 101st Ariborn, but it is scary accurate. Matthews is not a very long draw friendly company. I would say go somewhere that you can shoot Hoyts and Bowtechs and make a decision. Hooties Outdoors ibn Aiken has Bowtech, and really takes the time to set your bow up right for you.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

i have a 31" draw and i shoot hoyt exclusively. i am considering buying a new bow this year also. hoyt has several models you can get in that draw range without having to have a ridiculous ATA. i believe the vertix plus only has a 33" ata. anyway, the only drawbrack to hoyt is they make high quality stuff and they are pretty pricey. imo they are worth every penny and more. any hoyt bow shoots unbelieveably smooth and they just about as fast a bow as you can get. like previously mentioned, there aren't a lot of companies out there that can accomodate tall archers like yourself and me. personally, i can't decide whether i want the Seven 37 or the Katera XL. i just am not sold on the parralell limb design yet but the performance is off the chart accurate and fast.
    Last edited by shrpshtr; 08-15-2008 at 08:13 AM.

They all make a bow to accomadate ld archers........drenalin ld is a good ld bow my buddy just bought one and loves it.........bowtech got a few but id check out the katera xl if I were you........

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

anybody ever shot a parker blackhawk

damn, 31 inch draws! I didn't realize gorillas bowhunted

the switchback LD is a good bow its slow but very forgiving, the drenalin LD is an awesome bow decently fast but not a barn burner..

All that speed dont mean nothing and is overrated...........no pun intended toward your post bstick...........
    Last edited by ccleroy; 08-15-2008 at 03:15 PM.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

Careful, he'll sick that Rottweiler in his avatar on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    damn, 31 inch draws! I didn't realize gorillas bowhunted
    Easy hoss....

Got my patriot set at 55lbs. and is shooting 255fps with hunting rigs plenty fast enough to smack and stack.......reminds me I was curious what my curve is shootin out the chrony............

tradorion Coots

Default Parker bows

are very good for the money... but then i only draw 28in--

But after shooting one (and loving it!) for a number of years my next purchase will be a Diamond Black Ice!!

R

Trad,

Which Parker bow do you have? I've considered the Pheonix 34", but haven't gotten serious about it.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I aint gonna lie those new parkers look pretty dang sweet..........taking on a ross look to em'..........