Thread: BowTech Recall...

Default BowTech Recall...

shoulda bought a mathews
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

Don't get cocky.

There's been plenty of Mathews that have blown too.

Exactly...............especially the Drenalins and DXT's...............and plenty is an understatement

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Sorry, bought a gen, and if it blows up, I'll buy another. Been shooting matthews for ten years, and I don't care about the brand. The Gen is the best shooting bow I've ever held.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

"Although the combined failure rate is less than 1%, we view it unacceptable and have implemented corrective action. "

Say's alot...........that they even worried about it.............and just didnt fix the blown up one's as they came in........

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

The general is a sweet bow............every company has problems and are going to continue to have these problems as long as they keep going more parallel.......just the nature of the beast...........either way they stood behind it and that's the good thing.........I've heard about 2 others blowing up on AT.........but I've heard of more from Mathews on the Drenalin's and DXT's w/ the slim limbs snapping at the limb pivot........All of them make fantastic bow's...........this is just something thats gonna happen.....

Quote Originally Posted by romeocadet08 View Post
    shoulda bought a mathews

Romeo should know, he's an experienced, veteran bowhunter 8)
    Last edited by Rebel Yell; 08-07-2008 at 06:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    RY-you are a killer. plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Rebel Yell has killed more shit than small pox!
    Stripa Swipa > Ron Jeremy

tradorion Coots

Default Hey Romeo-

Your Dumb Asssss is showing-

ALLLLL bow companies have problems at some time or another. Mathews has had their share as has Hoyt etc etc...

If you believe all you read about Mathews excellence you need to wake up- all the tournament wins? The vast majority of Mathews tournament wins occurred in Mathews sponsored events where you had to shoot a Mathews if you wanted to enter- translation- How could they lose??

They make an OK bow- but the only thing they truly hold the #1 title on is "Advertising"!!

R

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

I ran the Bowhunter Education Program for the SCDNR through SC Bowhunter Assoc. for 18 years. We always operated on a shoestring budget, and found that, thankfully nearly all manufacturers in the archery business bent over backwards to help state Bowhunter Education programs. Sometimes they donated products, other times they let us purchase things at dealer cost or other reduced rates. This really helped us and I am sure that it benefited them to a degree since their products were used in our classes, which is just fine. HOWEVER, Mathews was the most arrogant non-supporter that we ever dealt with. They refused to help in any way and were actually pretty snotty about it. In 18 years of running the program I had never experienced such arrogance. They make good stuff but they are the Microsoft of archery manufacturers.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

mathews has cut its advertising by almost half to support the NASP program...and yea they are the microsoft of archery but if you look at the sales, bowtech is beating mathews in 3 states in the southeast...i shoot a mathews and i love it..i like a bowtech also im not bashing either one..but for a company to dump that much money into an archery program for schools says alot.

Pse

SCTIMBER Coots

Quote Originally Posted by -Johnson Small- View Post
    Pse
    I don't know a darn thing about a bow, but I heard that one coming from a mile away

tradorion Coots

Default THat's The Man!!!

At least he is consistent!!

I must give props to Mathews for their NEWFOUND support of archery programs-- but again it comes at the cost of "Only Our Way"...

They are great in some ways and the bane of anything open minded in archery in others...

Hmmmmmm- maybe Johnson Smalls PSE/Mat McPherson Mathews are secretly one and the same?!?!

R

I thought PSE stood for "parts scattered everywhere"?
    If its brown its down, if it flies it dies.

O yea..............PSE Sucks.........