Thread: Who Loves.............

Default Who Loves.............

Plinking w/ a .22........................got to be my favorite rifle.........ever since I was a kid always loved just knocking stuff down w/ em........I want to get a good scope put on my savage .22 auto but cant find any.....dont want no little cheapy tasco.........something nice w/ rings but cant find any.........need help.........

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Seemed to have found some now just need to find the right one...............

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

tradorion Coots

Default Awesome Gun!!

The .22 is just toooooo much fun!! I like the old semi auto my grandaddy had that takes short, long, and long rifle....

But then again the single shot bolt action that was daddy's is also a kick--

But the absolute favorite is the Ruger's-- a MKII and my newly acquired 10/22 (the 10/22 is a project gun that will have goodies added including some Butler Creek mags)-- but there ain't much more fun than blasting {both just to go CRACK! (not quite boom!) AND for accuracy too- can i really make THAT shot!} with a 22!

R

I use my .22 this time of year for clearing those out-of-reach branches away from my tree stand views. Just climb up a bit higher so that the ground gives you a backstop and cut them off with a couple dozen hollowpoints. The rifle I use for this has a laser sight that makes it a lot easier.

Trad, check rimfirecentral.com for any 10/22 upgrade questions or ideas you might have. There are some real rimfire gurus over there.

My .22s are my favorite shootn' guns. I LIKE to pull the trigger and its cheap. I've also cut limbs before and thats a lot of fun. So are shooting the hell out of a pond of turtles.

Trad,
    TacticalInc has the best Ruger 10/22 - 25rd mags ever. I'm very pleased with mine after numerous curse words over some the crappy ones. Love the 10/22!!!

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

A .22 will make a grown man into a kid again. And they will let kids think they are grown men.

I used to throw hickory nuts in the creek and 'quick draw' and shoot from the hip at them with my Ruger Single Six as they float along. I got pretty dang good at it. Matter of fact I got dang good at shooting from the hip at everything.

I'd pick a knothole or a distinctive place in the bark of a tree as targets as I was walking through the woods and I'd draw and shoot like in the old Western movies. You'd be surprised how good you can get after you've run through a few hundred (or thousand lol) rounds doing that.

I'd take on Billy The Kid any day. Actually I did take him on and I won every time. Billy The Kid was a 6' stump of a storm downed pine. I sent him to Boot Hill many times!

Walt4Dun is right on the TacticalInc mags - I have 3 and they are the best of many others that I have, but they are pricey compared to the others.

I have around 10 .22's , so I must feel the same way ccleroy does. I have tricked out a few 10-22's, and I put a Burris Fullfield II on the last which I like a lot A lot of the guys on rimfirecentral seem to use Mueller scopes, but I have no experience with them.

The 10-22 thing can be quite a disease - Buy a rifle for $175, and by the time you are done you have spent well over $1,000, and the majority of the orginal rifle has been scrapped. But it is fun!
    Last edited by Wad Shooter 2; 08-07-2008 at 06:55 PM.

Lord, this takes me back. My dad hid the key to the gun cabinet in front of me one evening.I slipped out a few days later with a brick of 22 ammo and the High Standard Sport King pump and the cool little Marlin M-2 Semi Auto..... my running buddy Phillip and I spent the whole day shooting the hell out of those guns.

Got home and my Dad caught us red handed ......... He made us clean the guns up and took 5 bucks from my Roy Rogers wallet to pay for the ammo.

The next time we went shooting, he went with us.

Great fun, I have both those guns and expect to pass them down to my children or nephews.

I have gifted 22 rifles to nephews, children of my friends and others. Best way to start a hunter or shooter is a .22 .....

We still do impromptu shoots often. My oldest daughter is scary accurate with a 22 Handgun. I swear up and down that the most FUN gun in my safe is my tricked out 10/22. (Maybe my BLR 22)..

Great thread!!
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

With ammo the way it is, the .22 CANNOT be beat. Strong enough for a man, but any woman can handle it. I bet a .22 has turned more anti's into shooters than any other caliber known to man.

No to mention, they're super fun to suppress and can be shot in the back yard without your next door neighbor even knowing it. Hell, it can even be shot in the house down the hall into a steel trap if you really want to do it.

I can spend $13 and be amused for hours with a brick of .22, or I can spend $20 on a box of .45 and occupy myself for a few minutes. Seriously, it's a no brainer.

I always take a .22 to the range when I go to work on reloads and getting the rifle zeroed. When I shoot centerfires for accuracy and fine tuning, I wait at least 10 minutes, sometime as much as 15 minutes, between each shot. That allows a lot of time to mess around with the .22

My go-to gun for such fun for the last several years has been a Ruger 77/22. I will pick an object at 100 yards and shoot until I figure the drop, then start "sniping" at other random objects on the 100 yard berm... and then 200. You can do amazing things out there once you figure out what it is doing. My favorite target is a piece of clay pigeon that someone used for a target - although once I blasted a dragonfly that paused to light on a stick on the 100 yard berm. Lucky...

I just re-inherited my dad's old 10/22. It's an older model, and I won't "dress it up", but I am about to put a simple 2-7x scope on it. That is the rifle I grew up on and learned to shoot a rifle with. I used to walk the trail along the back side of Big Lake at the Columbia-Sumter club (behind the club house) with my dad, carrying that rifle, and hunting squirrels. That was in the early 70s.

I also have a Walther P-22 that I use for pistola plinkin'...

I just sold my Ruger Mark II Government Target pistol... I never used it. But I will eventually get a vintage High Standard Supermatic Citation like I used in college on the pistol team.

Another good use for a .22 rifle is to practice off-hand shooting form for deer season.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen