Thread: good bow mechanic.....

Default good bow mechanic.....

in the upstate. opinions please. anybody know who works on them up here??? nothing like waiting until the last minute to my bow worked on.

Southern Sportsman in Inman is top notch. Mine is over there with him right now.

If you go on a Saturday expect to wait and then leave it.
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

Doug over at southern sportsman is great...but you will probably have to leave it there no matter what time you go...hes packed with business right now. You could try J&S in Easley, J.O. and Dan can probably get you in and out if you call ahead. But those are by far the top two places in the upstate. dont waste your money anywhere else around here...
    Twang, thump........................CRASH!!!

candor I cant belive your letting somebody else handle your bow...I thought we were friends man

lol... it's 'cause you keep ign my calls.
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

appreciate the help. i'll try j&s. my bow is pse and they are closer to me.

Work on it yourself. What are you needing done?
    Where the hell am I? "I Love Animals, I Eat Their Meat and Wear Their Hides"

Quote Originally Posted by duck65 View Post
    Work on it yourself. What are you needing done?
    Does someone have a good write up that they know of or can tell me how to tune one. I've got a PSE that I'd like to adjust the draw weight and length on.
    Last edited by buckshot1224; 08-01-2008 at 07:15 AM.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

tradorion Coots

Default changes

change draw length- depends on the bow-- often requires a bow press or maybe a new cam... many bows allow an inch or so of adjustment.

draw weight- simple- raise the weight by tightening limb bolts, lower it by backing them out-- keep them about equal.

All the other tuning stuff-
    www.bowhuntingmag.com/tactics/tune_0112/index.html

www.nodakoutdoors.com/bow-tuning.php

www.bowhunting.net/artman/publish/TimberlineBowTuning.shtml

www.complete-archery-information.com/archery-bow-tuning.html

take a peek-

R

Why do you need to change anything on that PSE?

The effectiveness of a PSE as a tool is determined by the length of the anchor rope you are using. Draw length ain't got shit to do with keeping your boat from moving, otherwise you're using it wrong.

Agreed Glenn!
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I'm just glad to see someone intersested in archery instead of attacking what they shoot!!
    Where the hell am I? "I Love Animals, I Eat Their Meat and Wear Their Hides"

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Why do you need to change anything on that PSE?

The effectiveness of a PSE as a tool is determined by the length of the anchor rope you are using. Draw length ain't got shit to do with keeping your boat from moving, otherwise you're using it wrong.
    Thanks for the support.........

I'm just getting into bow hunting and I got a pratically new bow (whole set-up, release, carbon arrows, hard case, wisker biscuit, sight) for a good price. I've also got an old Bear Bow that I use some but I'm mainly just learning.

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot1224 View Post
    Thanks for the support.........

I'm just getting into bow hunting and I got a pratically new bow (whole set-up, release, carbon arrows, hard case, wisker biscuit, sight) for a good price. I've also got an old Bear Bow that I use some but I'm mainly just learning.

No problem, anything I can do to help.

You've been pointed in some good directions. I will tell you that most shops that are worth a damn are backed up 2-3 weeks so you might want to get a move on and get it in a shop quick.

How's that for support?

haha.....thanks but I got that a few post back, lol. I shot mine for a hour or so over the weekend and I'm satisfied for now. I've got some more sighting to do and more learning but I'm to the point that if he comes within 30 yards I SHOULD be in decent shape. 40 yards might not happen with this one..........yet............

What is your ideal range, 25ish?

I like 'em 20 and under, but am comfortable on whitetails out to 30. Anything past that is a fair poke in the woods and in the southeast these things walk around on springs and a lot of shit can go down in 30 yards plus no matter what the speed freaks tell ya.

what i was mainly needing is a new peep sight- or mine to be adjusted somehow. when i look thru it, one of the strings is in the way. Is this something i can fix myself?? I was thinking i need to take it to someone who knows what thye are doing(or at least acts like it). about all i know how to do is shoot the thing, and i aint too good at that.

Sheep, before you do anything try this, with both of your eyes shut draw your bow back to your normal anchor point. When you feel that you are in that spot, open your aiming eye. What you see there is where your peep should be. Don’t move; have a friend slide the peep up or down the string until you can see clearly out of it. Don’t forget moving the peep will change your pins. If the peep is not using a rubber tube to turn it, try turning your loop a little right or left. I hope this helps.Bucks and Bass in Anderson is a PSE dealer.Blake has always be great about helping me out as soon as I walk in the door.

SHR Luke’s Smoke on the Water

thanks for the help fuzz, i'll mess with it and see if i can get it right.

be careful not fray the string while moving the peep sight..and some PSES take modules which do not need a press to install..