Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keowee/Fant's Grove WMA's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Keowee/Fant's Grove WMA's

No, I'm not asking for your favorite spot or a detailed bright-eye path to your stand...

Have any of ya'll had any kills on either of these areas? Not that there are any deer on either of them...
    Last edited by southernconvert; 07-27-2008 at 08:39 PM.
    If its brown its down, if it flies it dies.

Yes
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

There is some archery only that is great to hunt... No one from Clemson hunts, you'll be all alone. No need to scout just sit in the woods anywhere and you'll have to shoot the deer off to keep them from attacking you. You should kill several on the opener.

what you need is a conservation permit
    Last edited by CAMO SNOB; 07-27-2008 at 09:09 PM.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Yes.

Go to Clemson DNR office and get the special permit for culling mountain bikers.

It's worth the extra money and you'll want one after your first hunt in Keowee.

Theres also a culling permit for joggers...

both of these places have great opportunities, you need to put your time in scouting though

i saw a doe last year but she was out of range, also jumped a big buck scouting last year, hope he's still there, gotta find a new way to approach him though
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

I plan on doing a little investigating myself. I move up on August 6th and plan on woods walkin' for a few weeks before school starts. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Quercus Alba View Post
    I plan on doing a little investigating myself. I move up on August 6th and plan on woods walkin' for a few weeks before school starts. Good luck.
    You buncha fagits need to chase pussy not deer. You are in fucking college? that's the best 5 1/2 years of your life. Walk in the woods later, try finding some freshman girls with wet cunts who want to fuck. They will be there as soon as you get there so don't waste any time scouting the season never closes on split tails just go hunt em
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    You buncha fagits need to chase pussy not deer. You are in fucking college? that's the best 5 1/2 years of your life. Walk in the woods later, try finding some freshman girls with wet cunts who want to fuck. They will be there as soon as you get there so don't waste any time scouting the season never closes on split tails just go hunt em
    I got a little misty reading that. Shakespeare ain't got shit on you.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    Givem hell Camo!!!!
    Where the hell am I? "I Love Animals, I Eat Their Meat and Wear Their Hides"

witch, you should just PM him that.
    or he'll have people on top of him everytime he goes.

I edited it...pm sent...
    Its nice to have my feet on American soil again

The best spot is right next to the 5th or 6th hole of the Walker Course. Just slip in and hide in one of the deep bunkers. There is a monster that goes throught there every Friday night at about 3am.

Seriously both of those areas are decent. If your serious about hunting though get away from everywhere and everyone.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

and he hath spoken.

nice, camo snob....nice...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I've come close to limiting out, easy hunting up here.

They are there thats all I will say. And Camo well said brother
    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Lazy is not a virtue of a duck hunter.

tradorion Coots

Default And the choir said Ay-men...

To Glenn at least "Shakespeare ain't got shit on you..." LMAO!!!!!

But Camo-- that really was some funny shit you hit on there... I gotta vote with "Do Both!" Hunt when deer season is in and chase split-tail when deer season is out (or at nite when deer huntin is illegal)...

Either way- get as much of both as you can.

"The best 5 1/2 years of your life..." obviously you never looked at my transcripts- i took ALOT LONGER than 5.5yrs to get a degree- and it was damned good times!!

Finally- in answer to the original question- if it is still there (noth the house and the WMA)- go past the AGR house headed out towards Six Mile- past the park/boat ramp-- turn left and go up in there on the left is some very good bowhunting...

Good Luck-

R
    Last edited by tradorion; 07-28-2008 at 07:22 PM. Reason: i sounded like DCMBSC

I’ve done plenty of bow hunting at the Groves and Keowee when I was at Clemson. Got my first buck there, first archery kill, and first traditional bow kill there (never had a chance to deer hunt when I was growing up).

I’ve heard a lot of bad things about it though in recent years…I heard they have closed numerous roads, cut a lot of timber, and worst of all, you still cant hunt on Sunday there. Its funny how hunters are the only ones who have to pay to use the land yet hikers, mountain bikers, and horse riders can use it any day of the week- all year long and they pay nothing. If I lived there I would defiantly be doing some serous lobbying for Sunday hunting…sorry, still pisses me off thinking about that stupid shit.

Still, I’m sure there are plenty of deer still at the Groves, you just have to find them because they are there. If you have a jon boat then you are golden…this will save you a lot of walking. If you study the main portion of Fants Grove on a map, you will see that all of the north, northeast, west and south has most of the land blocked off by the lake or by towns in the north and north east. Only the Eastern part is open for unimpeded deer movement which makes it hard to pattern them there.

I had a lot of success on the western part on the lake and the southern tip. Find narrow peninsulas and use them a choke points. Look on the map at areas like Twin Lakes and Oconee point. Find 18 mile creek boat ramp and look across that little bit of water on that piece of land…one of the best choke points anywhere. Sooner or later, you’ll get one.

PM sent...enjoy
    Last edited by Witch Doctor; 07-29-2008 at 06:54 AM.
    Its nice to have my feet on American soil again

appreciate the posts. I was out at keowee this weekend but i'll have to look at fants as well

anyone know where i can get topo maps of the wmas?